The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 New Pics of weener feeding (aka ssssimon)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 22/08/2009 : 12:52:05
Hi

I thought i would post some new pics of my snake.

Please can people tell me if he looks fat as i have been told he is. Plus could you tell me the best way to weigh him (and dont say with scales lol)

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

Pic 5

Pic 6

Pic 7

Pic 8

Nook6
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
SexyBear77 Posted - 24/08/2009 : 20:24:49
feel free to use substrate in the viv, but if you choose to feed in a tub, line it with newspaper. you can feed in the viv too though, if you put down a plate, piece of kitchen towel, or feeding dish to prevent substrate entering the mouth. also, if you make sure the mouse is completely dry before feeding then the substrate shouldnt stick.
n/a Posted - 24/08/2009 : 19:21:09
Hi

So would you say it is better to use substrate or newspaper???

Dave
Kellog Posted - 23/08/2009 : 22:33:32
Must admit that Kellog was always dangle fed in his viv with just the substrate, so we have continued doing that with no problems so far. The substrate is shavings as opposed to chippings, and the way he strikes and coils very little of the mouse touches the ground! xxx
HannahB Posted - 23/08/2009 : 22:24:37
maybe feed him on top of his viv..that way there is no substrate or put some newspaper down in his viv on top of the substrate when you go to feed him..or put a tile or plate in the viv and wiggle the mouse over that to get him to feed on there..

did he definately swallow it and when were these pics taken? if they were taken yesterday keep an eye on him over the next few days as substrate ingestion can really harm them.. just keep an eye on him and if he did definatley swallow it, if you notice anything different about him id consider taking him to the vets
Brookestar Posted - 23/08/2009 : 22:23:50
feed in a seperate tub. just a normal plastic tub no substrate
n/a Posted - 23/08/2009 : 22:20:13
hi

yes it is a bit of substrate and in my defence im learning lol
as you can see when i feed i normally dangle the mouse what would be the easiest way to stop the substrate by feeding this way??

Nook6
HannahB Posted - 23/08/2009 : 22:16:25
eyes of a hawk? me?! never.. only on a laptop...
i struggle to read things on bilboards at times when on the other side of the road and stuff so i definatley dont have the eyes of a hawk!
SexyBear77 Posted - 23/08/2009 : 22:13:58
well spotted hannah, eyes like a hawk- another reason to put down a feeding dish!
HannahB Posted - 23/08/2009 : 22:07:04
i thought it was but im not sure..i think its in the next pic aswell..
Kellog Posted - 23/08/2009 : 21:36:07
Good eyes HannahB, think you are right...looks like a bit of the wood chipping substrate. Didnt spot it at first. xxx
HannahB Posted - 23/08/2009 : 21:33:19
he looks like a chunky lad..
sexybear has got it right with the weighing
awesome windpipe shot!
but gotta ask in pic 6 does he have some substrate in his mouth aswell?
n/a Posted - 22/08/2009 : 16:51:58
He does look rather chubby to me...Awesome pictures, though!
SexyBear77 Posted - 22/08/2009 : 16:42:57
I would say hes pretty chunky! to weigh them, use digital scales, and a pillowcase, box, or the 2 combined for big snakes so that no coils droop over the sides. how much do you feed him, how big is he (weight and length) and how old is he?
lee2308 Posted - 22/08/2009 : 15:27:46
cool wind pipe pic

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000