The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 My new snake (Champagne) came home today

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hiper2009 Posted - 21/07/2009 : 18:41:29
Hey all i got my Snow COrn today i have took a few pics just would liek to share it with you all, i know i dont have much in there at the moment as im waiting for an order from a reptil website for vine and fake plants and things for champagne .

I shal try to upload some better pics after he has settled

20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 30/07/2009 : 14:12:12
WOW, What a gorgeous snow corn!
n/a Posted - 23/07/2009 : 12:51:57
mite have to put the other snake up the lavender bannana cali kingsnake up on here as well as Casper. . . . . . .
n/a Posted - 23/07/2009 : 12:51:13
'll post him on here and on the kingsnake forums bro....
n/a Posted - 23/07/2009 : 12:48:38
I really want to but Casper on here but hes a Kingsnake not a corn. . .
n/a Posted - 22/07/2009 : 16:05:56
hes so stunning, cant wait til rizzie gets to be that size, re the water, my corn never really interested but my hognoses regularly go for a swim, but they then feel the need to soak everything in their tank idiot snakes. cant wait till i get my new snake, i love the getting them settled part.
lucifer Posted - 22/07/2009 : 10:59:14
Wish Lucien liked water as much as Champagne, its a panic mode when he has a bath
King_Kruss Posted - 22/07/2009 : 08:48:52
stunning snow mate. not as purty as mine though lol only jokin xxx
hiper2009 Posted - 22/07/2009 : 00:47:55
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

He's just moved house, so he'll be having a good look about.
Don't worry about him going underwater, unless he gets trapped (which he can't) he wont drown.
Trio always goes straight into his waterbowl whenever I change it, he whole head goes under and a vast amount of his body.
Some snakes do it, others don't.

Crunchy Nut has a habit of putting her head completely under the water when she has a drink, maybe it tastes nicer at the bottom of the bowl.
You don't have to make it shallow if you don't want, but if you'd feel more comfortable and happier, then do so.

Thank you Kehhlyr for advice
Kehhlyr Posted - 22/07/2009 : 00:33:49
He's just moved house, so he'll be having a good look about.
Don't worry about him going underwater, unless he gets trapped (which he can't) he wont drown.
Trio always goes straight into his waterbowl whenever I change it, he whole head goes under and a vast amount of his body.
Some snakes do it, others don't.

Crunchy Nut has a habit of putting her head completely under the water when she has a drink, maybe it tastes nicer at the bottom of the bowl.
You don't have to make it shallow if you don't want, but if you'd feel more comfortable and happier, then do so.

hiper2009 Posted - 22/07/2009 : 00:17:07
Can any one help me please as champagne is weird he keeps going in his cave and then coming out of it every 10mins and goes towards the cool side and has a dip in the water and then goes back to the cave lol is this normal for him to do this ?

Also do i let him settle in the viv with out handling for 7days as i just got him today and after he keeps dipping him self in the water is it best if i change the water as he keeps going in it and im getting paranoid when his head goes under the water i think he will drown help me please im really worried and dont know what to do shal i make his water bowl more shallow ?
n/a Posted - 21/07/2009 : 22:59:10
you should leave them for a week to settle in without handling, just change the water every day,
and i dunno bout the head under water thing someone else will answer that
hiper2009 Posted - 21/07/2009 : 22:56:45
quote:
Originally posted by lucifer

Might I suggest resizing your pictures to make them a bit smaller, they nearly just killed HannahB's lappy

Sorry my bad mate i will resize it on the next ones i upload , also champagne is weird he keeps going in his cave and then coming out of it every 10mins and goes towards the cool side and has a dip in the water and then goes back to the cave lol is this normal for him to do this ?

Also do i let him settle in the viv with out handling for 7days as i just got him today and after he keeps dipping him self in the water is it best if i change the water as he keeps going in it and im getting paranoid when his head goes under the water i think he will drown help me please im really worried and dont know what to do shal i make his water bowl more shallow ?
lucifer Posted - 21/07/2009 : 22:43:40
Might I suggest resizing your pictures to make them a bit smaller, they nearly just killed HannahB's lappy
n/a Posted - 21/07/2009 : 22:43:40
Maybe she was a bit warm and was cooling off,
or maybe she just wanted a swim lol
lucifer Posted - 21/07/2009 : 22:42:04
Some corns love the water, some don't.

I'm sure I remember a thread awhile ago where they left the lid off their viv for a min and they turned round and their corn was in the fish tank chasing the fish
hiper2009 Posted - 21/07/2009 : 22:38:56
Hey all i finaly got a decent pic of him when i saw he was in the tempory water bowl lol i have no idea what he was doing in it i think he was taking a swim at one point his head was under the water and i paniced and then he came out of it

Hope you like these pics and can some one tell me why he was in the water as hes not due for a shed i was told he shedded 2days ago.
lucifer Posted - 21/07/2009 : 22:31:03
Bet your glad to have him home, nice looking snow
n/a Posted - 21/07/2009 : 20:47:12
yeah he is small but will grow to be at least 5ft he is well rounded tho
hiper2009 Posted - 21/07/2009 : 20:47:08
quote:
Originally posted by don_shackz

I want to Put Pics up Of my cali albino kingsnake bro, we will take them up bradgate park :)

bro if you go on tinypic and upload it there and copy the forum link then u can post your pic.
n/a Posted - 21/07/2009 : 20:46:10
I want to Put Pics up Of my cali albino kingsnake bro, we will take them up bradgate park :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000