The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 updates and posers

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Calica Posted - 09/01/2014 : 21:14:05
Alriiight, photo time! Been a while since I've given an update on my adopted girl and my young boy.
You can read Vortex's story over here: http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=28317 There are several updates on her throughout the thread.
STORY TIME!!
This christmas I was given two large vivariums for my snakes (fiesty is still too young to go into such a big enclosure yet so he's got his viv in the larger one) and in even greater news; Vortex has taken to STRIKE feeding! She hadn't done that the ENTIRE time I've had her until 3 weeks ago. She was so used to just picking her food off the floor in her old lifestyle that I never thought she would EVER strike at her food- but she did. And she did with such grace I was in shock for 15 minutes! She even got a perfect coil! The second time she did it, I sort've managed to catch it on camera but I was busy focusing on her that the camera actually misses her strike, and the third time I got my parents to watch (She was less enthusiastic this time round because her mouse wasn't as warm as the last two times.)
I've figured out that she really loves it when they're nice and warm, like above room temperature as I had been placing the defrosting box on my radiator to defrost them quicker in this cold weather. The scent gets really strong too and my snakes LOVE it. Nothing bad can come from that, can it? They've both been fine with the heated mice and it really gets them excited as they smell them and Fiesty is ALWAYS looking for more.
Now its a lot of long work putting these images in one by one so here's an album you can view for all their pictures. Fiesty ends up with more images because he's often roaming around and exposed more so than Vortex. I'm also aware of how BARE and BARREN Vortex's Vivarium looks right now, we've bought some new stuff and just waiting for it to arrive in the post so I can stick it all in there for her, maybe then she'll like to explore more and won't be so reclusive.. But she's always been one to hide away.

tl;dr (means "too long didn't read") PICTURES HERE: http://sta.sh/21nowgd7gbby?edit=1
Enjoy! And if you read my news update; THANK YOU!
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
scottishbluebird Posted - 11/01/2014 : 00:01:22
Great pics

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000