The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Weighing the BIG Snakies before Brumation

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
AcidicAngel Posted - 28/10/2013 : 18:18:21
Weighed the big corns on Friday 25th before I started coolingthem for winter Brumation Here's the fatties!!!

Sakana at a great 676g(started at 800+ when I got her!!!)

Cereus still at a whopping 850g!!!

Excuse the battered faun they are weighed in, it's about 5 years old and has been used for everything from transporting Sakana/Cereus to breeding Betta splendens XD
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 08/11/2013 : 10:16:49
You've done a brilliant job with them Alishia . It's scary to think that they'd been allowed to get to those weights and I know it's not easy to get the weight off once its on. Sakana must be much more healthy now than when you got her, which must go towards her having a successful breeding season next year.

quote:
Originally posted by Lee

Reminds me I have to weigh my older fella, he was 1167g 2 months ago. I've been feeding chicks every other feed to bring his weight down a little as he had creases in his last third when I got him, no more creases now though!!

I'm not sure about using chicks to lose weight Lee. Nutritionally they are close to large mice in fat content but contain more protein. I feed one of my snakes chicks and rats alternate weeks because he is thin and needs the extra protein. This might interest you - http://www.pawsforthought.co.uk/reptile-caresheets/nutrition-and-snakes

Xxx
mjpeters Posted - 06/11/2013 : 21:30:19
quote:
Originally posted by AcidicAngel

Cereus has these weird scales that seem to bend backwards on themselves in random spots on his body... I noticed them when weighing him but not sure if it was just because if how he'd been laid.

Sunny had these too,she was 1.2k and over 5ft-now down to 985g.As she lost/got fitter/shed the scales have got better.
she's quite muscular now-I think some of her size was due to being gravid (from previous owners MBK)
AcidicAngel Posted - 28/10/2013 : 23:28:40
Cereus has these weird scales that seem to bend backwards on themselves in random spots on his body... I noticed them when weighing him but not sure if it was just because if how he'd been laid.
Lee Posted - 28/10/2013 : 23:15:33
Reminds me I have to weigh my older fella, he was 1167g 2 months ago. I've been feeding chicks every other feed to bring his weight down a little as he had creases in his last third when I got him, no more creases now though!!
AcidicAngel Posted - 28/10/2013 : 20:55:41
Haha! They are fed every 2 weeks on one large mouse simply to bring their weight down a little. Cereus was nearly 1kg when I got him and Sakana was 845g when I got her. So for them to have both gone down so much it's a big relief I'm hoping that it may help Sakana with breeding next year since she has lost quite a bit of weight.
ScaryVonHayleystine Posted - 28/10/2013 : 20:09:21
Well, atleast we know they are well fed ;D

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000