The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Look at the orange o.O

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SilverWings Posted - 24/10/2013 : 01:01:12

It strikes me that compared to a lot of amel corns I've seen, Diego has a very orange belly. Certainly none of his babies have orange tums, all are white with white checkers (hardly visible but there if you look closely). What do you reckon-normal but very orange amel, or something more? In these pics he's in shed, just cleared up, so not as bright as normal. His checkers aren't as defined as Luna's or the babies.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ScaryVonHayleystine Posted - 26/10/2013 : 14:47:05
Fab colour! Super Orange
jennas Posted - 26/10/2013 : 08:16:12
Wow very nice super colour.
Razee Posted - 25/10/2013 : 08:42:08
Nice orange :-)

I think that sometimes, the colour tends to "bleed" onto the belly as they grow, and get older. Or maybe it just becomes more noticeable? I know Twid started with black and white belly, but as he grew, the orange from his sides gradually spread onto the belly, so now the second half of him has more orange. Sebs belly is showing a lot of orange too. Baz seems to have acquired lots of black tiny dots on her white bits, and some colour, too.
Lee Posted - 24/10/2013 : 17:47:53
my Carolina has black & white chequers on two thirds then oranges/browns and all colours! seems to be changing more and more.
scottishbluebird Posted - 24/10/2013 : 17:30:05
gorgeous orange
Coal Posted - 24/10/2013 : 17:19:56
Hmm, peculiar, my amel's belly is white with greyish chequers all the way down, and just a bit of orange shading towards his back end.

He's still very young though - perhaps he'll get more orange with age.
SilverWings Posted - 24/10/2013 : 13:31:36
Probably just very orange then XD I don't think he's masque, his face pattern doesn't strike me as very odd. The only unusual thing on his face is a tiny white spot, barely visible in my siggy pic. His checkers don't seem very split towards his front end. Luna's sometimes look split too, when they're looking particularly pale (she seems to vary between very bright yellow and black checkers, to hardly visible splashes of black only...)
smart bunny Posted - 24/10/2013 : 13:05:37
Ember is a stripe - but she is almost completely orange underneath - only the first bit under her neck is white, then a bit of yellow, then the rest orange! She was totally white underneath when we got her, so comparing with your hatchies is probably just an age thing, after all the oranges and yellows increase as they age.

This pic was taken a while back:

AcidicAngel Posted - 24/10/2013 : 12:33:06
Going off what I've previously read then he could be Masque as his belly checkers look split in the middle? Wait for OakleyMan on that one though! Lol.

As for the orange belly, he's not the only one - Sakana's is very orange near the bottom. She's Hypo though

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000