The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Amber clutch- The Magic begins! :D

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
oakleyman18 Posted - 18/07/2013 : 17:40:09
This morning I peeked in, fully expecting to be disappointed not to see any friendly faces, but to my surprise, I have my first Amber out! He's also Masque, which is fantastic, and has some funky belly patterns. Parents were Amber het Lavender Diffused Amel X SAME, so expecting some cracking stuff from this. Still 18 eggs left :)

Will keep you all posted!!

17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
oakleyman18 Posted - 21/07/2013 : 15:58:44
A quick update- had THREE Hypo butters from this clutch now, they're all so lovely..

nusnakemum Posted - 20/07/2013 : 22:49:06
aaawww
Redware Posted - 20/07/2013 : 10:00:06
Congrats, beautiful little snake!
oakleyman18 Posted - 19/07/2013 : 15:02:39
Thank you guys :)

I've had a second Amber out, and two more have pipped today, so tomorrow should be a fun day or squirming at the bottom of the box!
smart bunny Posted - 19/07/2013 : 13:37:44
Yay!!!! Good luck with the rest as well :D
Figs Posted - 19/07/2013 : 13:04:38
Wowsers! What a stunner!!
Coal Posted - 19/07/2013 : 12:45:28
quote:
Originally posted by oakleyman18

Hey Coal :) Masque is a dominant morph which affects head patterns and belly checkers. It originated from the diffused lines, and as such, is usually found with them. As an example, morphs like fires and granites can often have very interesting head patterns which have a lot of grey area space, and sometimes look like scream masks.

Belly checker patterns are also affected (on those which aren't visually diffused). They create a sort of traintrack appearance sometimes, and other times just create a white belly with very small checkers to the side. This is often mislabelled as "het diffused/bloodred", because a lot of masques tend to be het diffused, however this isn't a fact, it's just that more often that not, it happens to be true. Visuals don't often have het markers.

Ah, I see thanks a lot :)
Freddiesmum Posted - 19/07/2013 : 11:17:46
gorgeous!
oakleyman18 Posted - 19/07/2013 : 09:36:55
Thanks for all the lovely comments guys :) I'm thrilled to bits. Another two pipping this morning!

Hey Coal :) Masque is a dominant morph which affects head patterns and belly checkers. It originated from the diffused lines, and as such, is usually found with them. As an example, morphs like fires and granites can often have very interesting head patterns which have a lot of grey area space, and sometimes look like scream masks.

Belly checker patterns are also affected (on those which aren't visually diffused). They create a sort of traintrack appearance sometimes, and other times just create a white belly with very small checkers to the side. This is often mislabelled as "het diffused/bloodred", because a lot of masques tend to be het diffused, however this isn't a fact, it's just that more often that not, it happens to be true. Visuals don't often have het markers.

Here's an example of the Dad who is a Masque. He's an Amber (so no diffused), het Lavender Diffused Amel. He has a mostly patternless head, with separated checkers:

Coal Posted - 19/07/2013 : 08:57:49
Oh he's lovely, congrats :)

Can I just ask what the 'masque' morph is? Don't think I've heard of it and a Google search turned up a whole bunch of stuff that looked completely different :P
ScaryVonHayleystine Posted - 18/07/2013 : 21:42:48
aww what an adorable little face!
Mort13 Posted - 18/07/2013 : 21:41:29
Ooh gorgeous! Will we be getting some belly pics then?
scottishbluebird Posted - 18/07/2013 : 18:54:20
You must have been well chuffed! congrats
mjpeters Posted - 18/07/2013 : 18:51:49
Fabulous
lupi lou Posted - 18/07/2013 : 18:29:20
congrats super cute little hatchie can't wait to see the others
Moppet Posted - 18/07/2013 : 18:03:48
Very exciting. He's a lovely looking little chap
kev 5 Posted - 18/07/2013 : 17:41:53
congrats, very nice

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000