The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Snakes Vivs

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SilverWings Posted - 14/07/2013 : 18:03:09
Today is cleaning day for the hissers, so thought I'd show off their vivs ^_^ Been rearranging, Diego is currently exploring, wondering who moved his stuff. Luna is in shed and doesn't care XD

Luna's viv with a new vine glued to her cardboard tube;

Diego's;

And a cheeky snap of Boot's little home.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Boomslang Posted - 15/07/2013 : 16:04:07
A bulb with a stat,should keep the temps correct,More so in a glass viv as glass doesn't retain heat as well as wood.
SilverWings Posted - 15/07/2013 : 09:16:05
He does actually have a bulb as well, but it's much too hot for that at the moment, it would cook him o.O He loves sitting under it in the winter, but I'm hoping this might provide a temporary solution for him.
Boomslang Posted - 15/07/2013 : 01:33:27
I never found heatmats radiate heat that far from the surface of the mat.there more for localised heating,ie sitting ontop of it :) another reason stat companies tell you to put the probe on the mat.The mat can be at burning point,while a probe 4 inches above the mat is reading a much much lower temp.
As 98% of the heat is confined to the surface area of the mat.

In your wooden viv,why not switch over to a bulb?
SilverWings Posted - 14/07/2013 : 23:27:56
The heatmat in Luna's viv is on the wall because it's more practical. Underneath the viv, it's on feet so there's quite a gap and it doesn't radiate heat through the gap, glass, substrate and her hide, so I've popped it on the wall inside the viv to see if it makes a difference. I tried to put it on the floor inside the viv but the wire isn't long enough.

Diegos is purely to see how he likes it, since he much prefers to sleep on things than in his hides. He might benefit more from the heat mat on the wall. He doesn't like cramping into small areas, he likes to spread, so I'll see how it goes. He might hate it, in which case I'll put it back on the floor.
Moppet Posted - 14/07/2013 : 23:08:37
Looking good. Lots of things to explore. But I am curious as to why your heatmats are on the walls?
ScaryVonHayleystine Posted - 14/07/2013 : 21:37:13
Look so nice. Love Lunas new foliaged tube :)
scottishbluebird Posted - 14/07/2013 : 20:40:07
Looks great

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000