The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 I tried

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ScaryVonHayleystine Posted - 02/07/2013 : 00:27:55
I have tried endlessly with sunlight, my phone and my actual camera to get the colours of abbey as she fashions lilac white pink green and yellow with slight hints of orange and NONE of my gadgets can get them, you can only see in person :( Sorry to disappoint,id invite you all around to meet her if i could. But here's a few pics anyway :)

You can REALLY see te high yellow along her neck here :)

13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ScaryVonHayleystine Posted - 03/07/2013 : 21:36:02
Very interesting though mj :o may have to try this. TO THE CRAFT STORE!
mjpeters Posted - 02/07/2013 : 22:27:47
Looks like a lovely little snakey to me I know what you mean about trying to catch colour-Have you tried a dark ground for light snakes and a pale ground for dark ones? ie/Bark or aspen/lignocel?
Orange/Yellow/Red snakes really 'pop'on green so grass works for me (you could use fake viv.plants too)
I always use daylight and my camera is old and borrowed you don't have to spend a mint!
Because she has all those different colours,it may be worth trying her against different coloured card to see what shows up best on different backgrounds-then post ALL of the pics!!
ScaryVonHayleystine Posted - 02/07/2013 : 15:37:03
Thank you ^^
Aww coxymk2, we need to go on a gadget mission :p
coxymk2 Posted - 02/07/2013 : 15:17:23
Wish I could take photos but haven't got past using a Kodak Instamatic lol
scottishbluebird Posted - 02/07/2013 : 15:14:24
good try, even though cant see them properly, she is very pretty
ScaryVonHayleystine Posted - 02/07/2013 : 10:57:38
To be honest my camera is an old one. Doesnt even pick up sound when using camcorder *blush* might need to make a new gadgetry purchase :)
Thanks for all the loverly words
Blackcat Posted - 02/07/2013 : 10:54:22
She is lovely, I find it difficult to capture the true colours of my rainbow boas so understand your frustration, but thanks for trying and sharing your photos
smart bunny Posted - 02/07/2013 : 09:54:13
Awww thanks for trying! She's lovely anyway :P
Charles Posted - 02/07/2013 : 09:27:21
Lovely - I might be stating the obvious, but have you tried shooting in RAW (assuming your camera allows that?. The plus side is that it means the camera does not discard any information so there is more chance of getting all the colours. The down side is that the files are much bigger.
herriotfan Posted - 02/07/2013 : 09:08:59
She's a beautiful girl.
Coal Posted - 02/07/2013 : 08:56:52
It is difficult to capture everything with a camera, but she's still showing very well now :)
ScaryVonHayleystine Posted - 02/07/2013 : 00:47:28
I shouldnt say it but she is the prettiest out of the two :) But Mosey is still my baby hehe
Kellog Posted - 02/07/2013 : 00:36:54
Her yellow is very obvious to me, but I can't see the green or orange I'm afraid. It's so frustrating, isn't it! But the snake I'm seeing is beautiful as she is, so must be much more beautiful in real life .

Xxx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000