The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Boogie Wonderland

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SilverWings Posted - 29/06/2013 : 22:10:28
Some pics of Luna dancing ^_^ seems the roles have reversed, she's the active one against the glass, Diegos given up and spends all his time sleeping.

And a picture of Diego when I told him I was going to force feed him. 'Please dont make me '

16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 05/07/2013 : 11:50:57
Very wise of you. I hope you have a good vet, who knows snakes and who can come up with an explanation for what's going on. Please keep us updated.

Xxx
SilverWings Posted - 03/07/2013 : 21:33:05
No, he went blue, I didn't think it good to take him when he was cranky and withdrawn. He shed today, gonna book an appointment soon.
Kellog Posted - 03/07/2013 : 19:56:14
I remember now. Did you take him to a vet? Must be horrible seeing him like that . He's blessed that you are such a stubborn owner who won't give up on him .

Xxx
mjpeters Posted - 02/07/2013 : 22:16:36
OOH poor little man! hope he's o.k.?makes me wonder why some people develop anorexia/bulimia-they must suffer the same
SilverWings Posted - 02/07/2013 : 19:42:42
I went over this in another thread ;) He was/is suffering from what I suspect is ataxia, disruption to the nervous system that can be caused by starvation. His movement was off, almost like stagrazing but wobblier. He also cannot drink properly. He lost over 250g in 4 months, and nothing I tried would convince him to eat (I tried every trick in the book, and then some).
Kellog Posted - 02/07/2013 : 09:25:42
I do understand the worry. 16 weeks is actually about average for breeding season, I think someone's snake went for 20 weeks. How was it effecting him? Was he still as actively searching to escape, etc? How much weight has he lost? On average Kellog loses around 100g each breeding season. I'd hate to have to force feed him, although I know I would if it came to it. I'm just lucky Kellog was tempted by the smaller prey item.

Not sure if you've checked out the Guide to non-feeding snakes , but there will be some tips on how you might encourage him to eat after he's shed so you don't have to resort to force feeding again.

Let us know how he gets on.

Xxx
Coal Posted - 02/07/2013 : 08:55:24
Aww, adorable <3
SilverWings Posted - 02/07/2013 : 06:25:07
Kello; he hadn't eaten in over 4 months and it was making him ill. He was supposed to go to the vets, but I guess he knew that cos the little beast went blue so I left him for now. After I force fed him I saw immediate improvement, hoping I can convince him he's hungry after he sheds.
ScaryVonHayleystine Posted - 02/07/2013 : 00:14:56
Aww she is a great dancer :P
Kellog Posted - 01/07/2013 : 23:51:57
It's lovely seeing them showing themselves off like that when they spend so much of their time hiding . I do like the long cardboard roll you've got angled in Luna's viv.

Glad you know why Diego was being shy. Why were you going to force feed him?

Xxx
herriotfan Posted - 30/06/2013 : 09:19:50
Love it.
scottishbluebird Posted - 30/06/2013 : 00:15:14
Lol that is fab!!
SilverWings Posted - 29/06/2013 : 23:28:42
Hahahaha, or that XD I always imagine Diego is a little circus clown when he's dancing. Doodoodoodoodoodledoodoodoo... Know why he's so withdrawn now, just peeked in to see him very blue/pink
mjpeters Posted - 29/06/2013 : 22:41:26
NO,No No!surely 'Y.M.C.A'
SilverWings Posted - 29/06/2013 : 22:22:35
Yeah, 'let me out, I need to poop all over your desk' (I let them wander my desk while I browse the net, it's quite a large one)
mjpeters Posted - 29/06/2013 : 22:20:17
Aww-not boogie though,me thinks its snakey sign language

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000