The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Some Photo's of my Pair

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
AcidicAngel Posted - 17/05/2013 : 19:28:51
So Sakana is getting very, very rattly and striking at me... She's in her laying box about 40% of the time and then 60% roaming and looking like she wants out desperately. Her nose is turning red... Anything I can do? She has 2 moist hides but only uses one. I got a video of her. She doesn't want Cereus as she just rattled at him and hissed when i had him out and she came up to the front.

Video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ86-CPdZrE&feature=youtu.be

Cereus in the sun. We have no garden so it's a case of keep a very close eye on him and sometimes even keep hold of his tail to make sure he doesn't go exploring the edge of the balcony.

So sorry about the quality.
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
AcidicAngel Posted - 21/05/2013 : 01:18:59
quote:
Originally posted by Moppet

Did you feel bumps last year too even though you didn't get eggs?

Nothing from Kali yet either but I can feel bumps in her and she's beginning to look a little skinny apart from the great big bulgy back end. If she's not gravid then something is SO very wrong with her...

I thought I had but they weren't like this. They were a lot smaller and harder to find than these. With these you literally just let her run over your thumb as she's climbing back into the viv when she's had a quick wander and they stick out lol. You can really feel them and she is getting very chunky round the back end now. Spending more and more time resting in her box but still out roaming a lot.
Moppet Posted - 20/05/2013 : 20:55:06
Did you feel bumps last year too even though you didn't get eggs?

Nothing from Kali yet either but I can feel bumps in her and she's beginning to look a little skinny apart from the great big bulgy back end. If she's not gravid then something is SO very wrong with her...
AcidicAngel Posted - 20/05/2013 : 15:27:35
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

quote:
Originally posted by AcidicAngel

........Then she does go "Ooh keep her away from the edge!!" and it's like "What do you think I'm laid along the bars for? Because it's comfy?!"........

Sorry, just couldn't help laughing imagining this !!

Xxx

Haha, glad I made you chuckle Still no eggs from missus. I'm 99% sure she's gravid, the 1% doubt is always there because last year they mated and I got nothing. However, I can feel the bumps moving further down her body each day and her behaviour gives things away.
Kellog Posted - 20/05/2013 : 09:08:30
quote:
Originally posted by AcidicAngel

........Then she does go "Ooh keep her away from the edge!!" and it's like "What do you think I'm laid along the bars for? Because it's comfy?!"........

Sorry, just couldn't help laughing imagining this !!

Xxx
AcidicAngel Posted - 18/05/2013 : 18:07:30
quote:
Originally posted by Moppet

It'll be interesting to see if they do lay on the same day or if they're a few days apart I think they both just want them out now haha. Poor snakes.

Yep me too lol. The poor girls.
Moppet Posted - 18/05/2013 : 12:59:56
It'll be interesting to see if they do lay on the same day or if they're a few days apart I think they both just want them out now haha. Poor snakes.
AcidicAngel Posted - 18/05/2013 : 12:12:08
Haha, thanks everyone Yeah, I hope she lays soon too Poor girl must be so uncomfortable but I can feel and see the eggs moving down her everyday so here's hoping. Moppet, maybe they will lay on the same day? XD Kellog, her nose isn't too bad and due to flash doesn't show in the pictures, not sure if you can just see it in the video. It's just a little pink at the moment. Hoping she'll be OK though You don't know how scarily close to the edge my mum lets him get... I stopped her taking him out on warm days! I worry too much for her to be letting sidle up to the edge of the balcony going "He'll be fine! He's a snake, he has quick reactions" and I was like "It's not that... It's more that it's a 4 story drop and he won't have anything close enough to him to grab onto!" so now when I take him out it's constant contact and keep him away from the edge at all costs. Same with the beardy, though my mum isn't as laid back when Mushu is out there... Then she does go "Ooh keep her away from the edge!!" and it's like "What do you think I'm laid along the bars for? Because it's comfy?!" so yes. Redware, thank-you. Lol, I couldn't think of anything else at the time XD

I hope that answered everything XD If I missed anything let me know lol.
Redware Posted - 18/05/2013 : 08:40:41
Lovely snakes, Sakana is great, I hope she lays a healthy clutch for you soon for both yor sakes! Must say the infant in me did have to chuckle at your topic title.
Kellog Posted - 18/05/2013 : 08:32:36
I remember what I was like when my daughter was late and I fully sympathise with her ....can't get comfortable anywhere and just want whatever is inside OUT !!

Her nose will be fine Alecia. There isn't anything you can do about it now and it will heal when she next sheds. Kellog had the same thing the first few years he was horny, until I put a plastic paper binder over the inside edge of the glass door. It obviously softened where he was rubbing his nose and I haven't had the problem since.

You got some lovely pics of her ....and Cereus seems to be enjoying the sun. It shows off his colours beautifully . I'm not surprised you sometimes sit there holding his tail....I do that with mine when they're in the garden and they don't have a balcony to fall off of !

I do hope she lays soon....and it all goes well. You will keep us up to date, won't you?

Xxx
mjpeters Posted - 17/05/2013 : 23:45:50
Lovely snakesmust be a worrying time ,about to be a granny to a clutch of eggy's
Moppet Posted - 17/05/2013 : 23:28:09
They're both lovely Kali is doing the same as Sakana. Maybe it's nearly time
smart bunny Posted - 17/05/2013 : 22:31:51
I hope she lays soon and is OK, sounds like she's not enjoying the process much :(

Cereus is a lovely colour :)
AcidicAngel Posted - 17/05/2013 : 22:01:05
quote:
Originally posted by herriotfan

Have you checked her temps? Beautiful snakes.

Her temps are perfect, same as always. She's due to lay eggs is why
lupi lou Posted - 17/05/2013 : 20:53:34
beautiful snakes
herriotfan Posted - 17/05/2013 : 20:09:46
Have you checked her temps? Beautiful snakes.
Mort13 Posted - 17/05/2013 : 19:39:42
Lovely snakes, both of them.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000