The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 food timee

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
andria2013 Posted - 30/04/2013 : 23:58:53
Albion

Edited by Kellog to remove code
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
andria2013 Posted - 15/05/2013 : 13:38:11
yh I do make it into a paste but i really dont like the thought of slitting the stomache open , ewww lol . It made me sick yesterday when the mouth slit open when I was tryn to put paste in . hahah. Ill try the little capsule , might work if not ill keep going with mouth hahaha.
Kellog Posted - 15/05/2013 : 09:41:35
So how are you doing it?? Could you maybe add a tiny bit of water to make it into a paste, then slit the stomach and put it in there? Not sure I'd like to stick a capsule up a mouse's bottom !! It's amazing what you find yourself doing for the sake of your snakes.

Xxx
andria2013 Posted - 15/05/2013 : 00:10:44
no . powder form . so awkward . , was considering get a capsule quickly washingit out so nothing left inside and putn the multi vits inside that and slipn it up the mouses bottom lol . either than or cutting the mouse and putn it inside of it . she said normally u wudcoat it but snake probably wont eat it that way .
Kellog Posted - 14/05/2013 : 22:37:15
Glad you managed to get Albion's retained shed cleaned off ok. Lets hope his next shed is a LOT better.

I'm also glad Robin managed his chick ok. I gather they are quite awkward for a snake to eat, but it's amazing what our snakes can handle. Can you ask your vet whether there is an easier way to get the multi-vits into the mouse? Are they in crushed tablet form?

Xxx
andria2013 Posted - 14/05/2013 : 20:59:56
I will do . in next few days . rope plants logs , toilet roll holders cardboard roll . gunna be fun lol
cornelious Posted - 14/05/2013 : 20:05:19
quote:
Originally posted by andria2013

Albions new home, 2 more days and all will be here to start putting my artist touch on .

Put pictures up of finished artical

Edited by Kellog to remove pic
andria2013 Posted - 14/05/2013 : 19:38:23
yh I had to help him but its oki now. they feeding at this minute . Albion on large mice , Robin on his first chick he struggled abit but once he got the angle right it was fine . . thankyou all for words of encouragemen and help . so glad I asked for help unlike the previous owners who oviously didnt care enuf to research or ask, had a hard job again trying to get the multi vits into mouse again for Albion but i got there in end lol . cant wait to see the improvements over time
Mort13 Posted - 14/05/2013 : 17:27:21
What a fab job you are doing? Good luck to you and your snakeys
smart bunny Posted - 14/05/2013 : 17:26:51
Yay!

Sorry, I had forgotten about Robin's bad chest when I suggested raising the humidity :( Has Albion got it off OK now?
andria2013 Posted - 14/05/2013 : 12:21:30
Albions new home, 2 more days and all will be here to start putting my artist touch on .

Kellog Posted - 13/05/2013 : 10:08:00
I do hope Albion sheds ok this time. I totally understand why you can't raise the humidity in the viv they share at the moment. IF he doesn't, have a look in the Shedding stickie....I've added an extra method to remove retained shed that is less stressful than a bath, it entails putting Albion in a tub which has a damp towel in it.

I do hope Robin's chest clears up soon....I had hoped it would have begun to improve by now .

Xxx
andria2013 Posted - 09/05/2013 : 17:14:21
then give them a few days to settle down after moving vivs and food time , Robin having a chick this time and Albion his large mouse with his multi vits inside
andria2013 Posted - 09/05/2013 : 17:13:20
no problem slink. albion having issues again with shedding . :( but due to the both snakes in together still until monday and Robin already having a loud chest noise due to humidity i dont want make Robin worse so bath for Albion , I'll give him a day see if he gets it off himself . , monday I will be going to get new viv .. for Albion .
Slink Posted - 08/05/2013 : 22:06:39
Good photos and has made me feel a bit better about the size of mice that I have been told to give my snake as slink is about the same size as Albion looks and the mice are the same size. Thanks for sharing :)
mjpeters Posted - 08/05/2013 : 21:46:21
Absolute kudos to you for rescuing and rehab.those poor skinny snakes
There is NO such thing as a 'normal' cornsnake they are ALL superb
smart bunny Posted - 08/05/2013 : 11:51:06
Have you put in a moist hide for them? Bearing in mind Albion's state last time it would be better to raise the humidity for him (only temporarily whilst he is in blue obviously) to try to prevent it happening again. Other ways are a damp flannel draped over the warm hide and moving the water bowl over to the warm side.
andria2013 Posted - 07/05/2013 : 23:19:50
im working on it. I have all but a new viv . heat mat sitting there , thermometers stat everything but a viv . ttrying to get a new 1 next week or week after . they ready to shed . cant do anything .hoping Albion has a good shed this time, without the help of the bath .
Kellog Posted - 06/05/2013 : 09:50:56
quote:
Originally posted by andria2013

yh , i left them for 30 minutwa after feeding and returned them to viv . they looking better now , Im feeding them every week large mice ,

That sounds just right Andria ....although I must admit I can't wait until they are separated, and I know you must feel the same.

Xxx
andria2013 Posted - 04/05/2013 : 12:24:33
yh , i left them for 30 minutwa after feeding and returned them to viv . they looking better now , Im feeding them every week large mice ,
smart bunny Posted - 03/05/2013 : 11:07:23
Oooooh poor things look so skinny in those pics - but their tums are bound to be very happy now! I'm sure you'll soon get them fighting fit Andria :D

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000