The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Skinny Popup with full tum

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mjpeters Posted - 26/04/2013 : 00:08:36
Popup looking full-sorry about the pic.still a bit camera shy and very quick!
anyone think this could be a vanishing stripe lavender?much less stripey than our Inky and lilacy whereas Inky is dove grey/soft pink....

The eyes are pale grey with ruby pupils.
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Hissyfit Posted - 28/04/2013 : 10:58:35
What a beautiful little snake
Kellog Posted - 27/04/2013 : 09:59:53
quote:
Originally posted by mjpeters

you can only deal with the suffering thats in front of you-or you go nuts trying to do too much!

So true Meg....and just remember that, even though you can't save them all, you are making a major difference with the ones you do save .

Xxx
mjpeters Posted - 26/04/2013 : 21:53:47
thanks kellog-you can only deal with the suffering thats in front of you-or you go nuts trying to do too much!
Kellog Posted - 26/04/2013 : 20:49:00
I don't care what morph Pop-up is.....she is gorgeous ! I am a definite fan. She does look a bit thin though. I'm pleased she has eaten so well.

It's sad that there are others your other-half had to leave behind , but unfortunately that's life and there will be many snakes all over the world in the same and worse conditions . We can't save them all.....all we can do is our little bit, which you have .

Xxx
mjpeters Posted - 26/04/2013 : 17:45:26
quote:
Originally posted by smart bunny

Oooh could be a hypo lavendar stripe then, accounting for why there is so little to go on in the way of markings.

Those poor snakes crammend into cricket tubs - how old are they? If he had a large pink AND a rat pup he can't be a tiny hatchling :(

Edit - just had a looks in good old IV ;) looks like a hypo lavender would have a more red eye, so reckon you are probably right about the lavender stripe. Cannot tell from the pics if it is vanishing or not, but you've got a better idea of that than us ;)

The birthdate we have for Popup is 1/9/12,so thats about 8mths old...
So is the same age as the porky Peppa .
Thank you all for your kind thoughts:Popup NEEDS love
Razee Posted - 26/04/2013 : 16:03:52
Hm, you really need eeji on this one. I love the guessing, though...

If the father wasn't even a het for lavender, then Popup can't be lavender, though he will be het lavender, from his mum - if there's a hypo and anery on both sides, he cold well be diffused ghost stripe - but he still looks very lavender - ish ... we need eeji.

I like the Paparazzi mode :-), and a full Popup :-)

herriotfan Posted - 26/04/2013 : 15:45:39
quote:
Originally posted by scottishbluebird

I wouldnt have a clue, but such a pretty little snakey, so glad he ate, and will now get proper meals. Gonna be a fan of little Popup!!

My sentiments exactly!
scottishbluebird Posted - 26/04/2013 : 14:58:24
I wouldnt have a clue, but such a pretty little snakey, so glad he ate, and will now get proper meals. Gonna be a fan of little Popup!!
smart bunny Posted - 26/04/2013 : 09:59:51
Oooh could be a hypo lavendar stripe then, accounting for why there is so little to go on in the way of markings.

Those poor snakes crammend into cricket tubs - how old are they? If he had a large pink AND a rat pup he can't be a tiny hatchling :(

Edit - just had a looks in good old IV ;) looks like a hypo lavender would have a more red eye, so reckon you are probably right about the lavender stripe. Cannot tell from the pics if it is vanishing or not, but you've got a better idea of that than us ;)
mjpeters Posted - 26/04/2013 : 09:48:00
Thanks Razee-I only get into Paparazzi mode when Popup's out and about.
This is now a regular occurrence-Popup seems to enjoy not living in an old tub that had crickets in.
I tried a ratpup as I had some left from when I was trying to get Peppa onto mice.
Popups parents were, MOTHER: Lavender Stripe het bloodred,hypo,anery and amel.
FATHER: Hypo Stripe Bloodred,het amel anery.

BUT other 'arf saw the guys setup's-not me and had to fight the urge to try and get them ALL out-they were in cricket/mealworm boxes/polystyrene tubs etc.
_spadey_ Posted - 26/04/2013 : 09:42:25
I think that is a fab photo as it focuses on the snake being the picture. Also he looks really cool XD
well done
smart bunny Posted - 26/04/2013 : 09:38:06
I really don't know with him, and I usually enjoy having a good guess at morphs! He is gorgeous though I know that much lol!
Razee Posted - 26/04/2013 : 07:54:55
My guess would be the vanishing stripe - yes, could well be lavender. The trouble is, without knowing the parents, it's very hard to say, there are several similar morphs like him, and he's still a bubba. :-)

Just one tip - I'd maybe leave him alone completely, in peace and quiet, and not even look on him, whilst he's digesting. He's new, and thin, and no one knows, what he might have been through, and you don't want him stressing out and regurging the meal. Nice feeding bump, though, so hopefully, he should pick up in no time :-)

Whatever he is, he's a lovely little chap.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000