The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Bazilishka - 2 years since I brought her home

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Razee Posted - 15/04/2013 : 08:48:58
Today is exactly 2 years form when I brought Bazilishka ( then known as Bazilishek ) home - and with it , 2 years of snake keeping.
In that time, she went from about 37 cm and under 13 g:

one year later: 74 cm and 105g:

to 105 cm and 371 g today - 2 years with me:

That's older picture, she's busy digesting at the moment :-)
Happy bring home day, Baz!
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 17/04/2013 : 08:39:39
Firstly, I am SO pleased that she has tested clear and so did Little T . I know how stressful it was for you, especially dosing her yourself....but you did it and she's better . I'm glad that her breathing is ok after her breathing in some of the dose....and love the fact she made her feelings clear to you by blowing in your ear !

She really is gorgeous and it's so interesting seeing the changes from when you for her til now. Her colours have really lightened and become stronger. I know what I'm trying to say but struggling to say it and therefore am probably not making much sense....serious brain fog this morning . I know what I can say that will make sense.....she is beautiful and it's lovely seeing her so healthy .

Xxx
carmil07 Posted - 16/04/2013 : 22:52:43
gorgeous
Razee Posted - 15/04/2013 : 21:45:56
It wasn't a routine test, it was because she'd produced a very strange poop - there were strange little white globules in it ( not urates )- they looked like prawns, and I was worried she had parasites. She originally came from a garden centre, where they kept several of them together, and before that, from a dealer - so it would have been possible, that she could have carried something all this time. She was positive for flagellates, so the vet prescribed a treatment. There's a thread about it in the Health section.

I had my other snake's poop tested as well, mainly because I wanted to be sure - and because he poops about 3 - 4 times after each meal, and it stinks - but he's completely clear of any parasites, which is nice to know.
mjpeters Posted - 15/04/2013 : 21:09:37
[quote]Originally posted by Razee

Thank you, everyone. I'm really happy, especially as she has just had her final poop test, and is totally free of any parasites. Little T tested clear straight away, which was a relief, as I half expected the vets to find something in his sample - he can poop for England - and it stinks :-0

Please enlighten me;Why routinely test for parasites? was she from a bad environment?
Our vet has never suggested we do this and 3 of ours were rescues.They all seem to be doing good-we had one with a tail injury ( retained shed)
and he's healed great.
smart bunny Posted - 15/04/2013 : 18:26:56
Lovely pics, she is a gorgeous snake :D Glad to hear all the poop tests are fine :)
NatalieC Posted - 15/04/2013 : 18:14:25
She is lovely, I love how you can see the changing of the colours throughout the 2 years
Moppet Posted - 15/04/2013 : 17:37:48
She's beautiful Changed so much.
Razee Posted - 15/04/2013 : 16:55:40
Thank you, everyone. I'm really happy, especially as she has just had her final poop test, and is totally free of any parasites. Little T tested clear straight away, which was a relief, as I half expected the vets to find something in his sample - he can poop for England - and it stinks :-0

Bazilishka did manage to breathe some of the wormer in during the last dosing, so I've been checking her breathing a lot. Checked her yesterday before feeding, and the little monkey scared me to death, by going a full on PFFFT! straight in my ear! :-) She got angry at me trying to listen to her breathing, and sticking her head almost in my ear!
scottishbluebird Posted - 15/04/2013 : 16:38:23
quote:
Originally posted by herriotfan

Happy Gotcha Day!!!

lol
such a big difference!
lupi lou Posted - 15/04/2013 : 16:11:47
She's loving lovely nice to see how she's developed
NexivRed Posted - 15/04/2013 : 15:19:13
Wow! So that's what the Carolina's with yellow dots look like when older. Gorgeous!
Isoldael Posted - 15/04/2013 : 15:01:29
Wow, I love progression pics, thanks for sharing! She looks like she's doing great :)
greenow Posted - 15/04/2013 : 14:36:41
looks really nice and friendly
Mamma Posted - 15/04/2013 : 12:00:12
what a difference how fab. I was looking at pics of manson today from when she came to me a tiny 32g lol. (shes 843g now)
herriotfan Posted - 15/04/2013 : 09:28:13
She's beautiful.
Happy Gotcha Day!!!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000