The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Rubi update

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
rubi Posted - 04/04/2013 : 14:42:04
So have had rubi back from my mates (who was looking after her temporarily) for a bout 2 weeks now..and i cant get over how much she has grown in a couple of months

aproximatly 2 foot 10 now

having a drink (missed the tounge though)

a sneay peak

this just made me giggle :)

after a small...thinking she may need to go up a size, trying on 2 smalls this week :)

she like dmy other halfs glasses, was first time he met her. He thought wouldnt like her, needless to say he is now addicted and has his sights set on a king snake lol :)

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mjpeters Posted - 06/04/2013 : 09:12:33
Yes cathy-snakes ARE the way forward,therapy wise.My 15yr old is Autistic and can happily chat away about 'his'snakes and is calm and confidentwhen holding them!
Foxtrotsierra Posted - 06/04/2013 : 07:44:27
quote:
Originally posted by mjpeters

I believe its good for kids to learn about caring for animals-especialy snakes-that have had a bad press from the begining(Adam and Eve).
Our snakes have a very calming effect on our brood-they have to sit still to handle them,and the way the snakes move seems to be very soothing-
could be a whole new form of relaxation therapy??

It is the same at my house. I have 4 kids and one husband (known by a few as "Mr Antibac hand gel and gloves" after his first encounter with baby snake poo) and she has won each and every one of them over.

My youngest (who is 15, years not months!) was really upset one day but 15 minutes with Cathy and he was much more happy. Snakes are gorgeous beings. I find spending time with my girl very relaxing too - you are definitely on to something!
mjpeters Posted - 05/04/2013 : 21:49:59
I believe its good for kids to learn about caring for animals-especialy snakes-that have had a bad press from the begining(Adam and Eve).
Our snakes have a very calming effect on our brood-they have to sit still to handle them,and the way the snakes move seems to be very soothing-
could be a whole new form of relaxation therapy??
rubi Posted - 05/04/2013 : 19:45:26

quote:
Originally posted by mjpeters

Well done on your'conversion'.All our (5)children love it when its snake handling time-our little baby Ruby (human)23mths old says hello to the snakes and says sssssssss.She gently stokes them and likes the feel when we let them go over her hands.
Sadly we have a genuine 'worm phobic'amongst us,but even she loves the snakes and will very bravely touch them and take an active role in snake care.
Lovely pics. of a lovely girl

Lol yeah my partner has a 3 year old and he loves rubi has such a big grin when get her out and he can hold her, its lovelly to see :)
Was def quick convert, i think was because he not really experienced before as apposed to didnt like them. Pritty certain will ahve a new one added soon but im not complaining :)
Slink Posted - 04/04/2013 : 22:57:38
Those pictures are brilliant, thanks for sharing
mjpeters Posted - 04/04/2013 : 22:51:13
Well done on your'conversion'.All our (5)children love it when its snake handling time-our little baby Ruby (human)23mths old says hello to the snakes and says sssssssss.She gently stokes them and likes the feel when we let them go over her hands.
Sadly we have a genuine 'worm phobic'amongst us,but even she loves the snakes and will very bravely touch them and take an active role in snake care.
Lovely pics. of a lovely girl
Moppet Posted - 04/04/2013 : 22:01:35
She's lovely. I would finish the smalls first, or maybe buy a couple of fluffs? So she could have a small and a fluff instead, two smalls is quite a big meal and a big jump from just one
scottishbluebird Posted - 04/04/2013 : 21:44:43
Fast convert from thing wont like her, then that pic lol
carmil07 Posted - 04/04/2013 : 20:47:02
Gorgeous girl and wow she really has grown loads :o fab pics
rubi Posted - 04/04/2013 : 20:43:10
thank you everyone i just cant get over how much she grown was just over 2 foot and weighed 76 grames when took to mates in december now nearly 3 foot at 105 grammes.

quote:
Originally posted by smart bunny

Lovely pics - one thing though, there isn't really all that much difference between smalls and mediums in my experience, whereas 2 smalls is likely to be quite a bit bigger than 1 medium, so I wouldn't go for 2 smalls at once, just get some mediums, she looks ready :)

ok then thankyou i still have about 8 smalls left shall i feed her tghose first?
kev 5 Posted - 04/04/2013 : 17:47:33
she's looking really good
smart bunny Posted - 04/04/2013 : 17:21:02
Lovely pics - one thing though, there isn't really all that much difference between smalls and mediums in my experience, whereas 2 smalls is likely to be quite a bit bigger than 1 medium, so I wouldn't go for 2 smalls at once, just get some mediums, she looks ready :)
Figs Posted - 04/04/2013 : 15:44:28
Pretty little one!
lupi lou Posted - 04/04/2013 : 15:41:01
fab pics
herriotfan Posted - 04/04/2013 : 14:51:15
What a gorgeous girl she is.
I've got a specs hugger too!!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000