The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 jake and neo

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dan84 Posted - 02/04/2013 : 18:18:26
hi guys sorry been a while since i said i was going to post some pics but recently moved and have been up-side-down over past week or so and with getting another new snake and letting him settle has been a bind.
anyway jake is my albino but unsure exactly what morph he is i was told he is an albino snow corn ? and neo i havent got a clue what morph he is, so if anybody happens to look at pictures could they help me out with morph names please.

iv had jake from young, he was tiny when i got him and is now roughly 36" so he's grown but doesnt seem to be getting any girth on him ?

neo is the new addition, i got him last tuesday, was told by the petshop that he's about 2 1/2 years old but didnt have a clue on what morph name he is. to be blunt i dont think the petshop have any idea on snake keeping as the vivs had everything stuck down with black DUCT TAPE, didnt like it when i said that shouldnt be used lol, and im sure the food he provided me isnt even going to satisfy him.

anyway the pics arent great as taken on camera phone but hope you enjoy as much as iv looked at others :)

8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Isoldael Posted - 03/04/2013 : 19:37:14
quote:
Originally posted by smart bunny

It may just be the lighting in the pics - but is he definitely a corn? He looks like he may be crossed with a rat snake or something as his markings look really unusual. It would also explain why he would be so big at just 2 1/2.

Was my first thought as well with the unusual colouration and markings. I LOVE his looks though, very pretty snake!
Foxtrotsierra Posted - 03/04/2013 : 08:00:23
They are both stunning

(and don't listen to smart bunny, retics are ace , that is the first snake I had anything to do with when I was 6!) though am pretty sure neither are!
smart bunny Posted - 02/04/2013 : 21:49:44
Not ripped off (well - unless you were wanting to breed...), you still have a lovely snake, the shop obviously didn't know what they were selling - you may have got yourself a bargain :P

Maybe if eeji (the morph master!!) passes by this thread he could shed some light - if not you could post the pics in the morph section and that will almost certainly catch his eye. Alternatively someone like AuldBaldy who has a gorgeous grey rat snake himself may see this and be able to shed some light :D

At least it doesn't look like a reticulated python - cos then I'd be a bit concerned lol!!
dan84 Posted - 02/04/2013 : 20:39:04
thanks for the replies, im worried now that iv been ripped off now by the petshop iv bought them from. iv been looking on the internet and i really cannot tell what he is, some corns look similar and some rat snakes look similar. all i can say is he looks very similar to a Chocolate Colored Black Rat Snake, Elaphe obsoleta, also hasnt got any markings on his belly from what iv seen of it and corns have some sort of markings on there bellys. Smart Bunny could be right in saying its a cross breed, although i simply cannot tell the difference. either way he'll be loved and cared for just as much as my snow :D but would like to know what he is, i could call him a snrat snake lol
smart bunny Posted - 02/04/2013 : 19:35:06
Wow, Jake is definitely a snow (it's not possible to know if he is a hypo snow or not without breeding as snows and hypo snows look identical) but Neo looks really unusual. It may just be the lighting in the pics - but is he definitely a corn? He looks like he may be crossed with a rat snake or something as his markings look really unusual. It would also explain why he would be so big at just 2 1/2.

Congrats on a lovely pair of snakes, whatever Neo is lol!
lupi lou Posted - 02/04/2013 : 19:14:35
lovely snakes,am with herriot fan at first I was going to say Neo was a normal then I saw the other pics and thought amel
herriotfan Posted - 02/04/2013 : 18:44:48
Photos aren't the clearest but Neo looks like either a normal or an amel to me.
Jake looks like a snow.
dan84 Posted - 02/04/2013 : 18:23:20
just been looking at other pics and paulie78 has replied to a post and iv looked at his website and JAKE looks very similar to a hypo snow ?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000