The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Slink freshly shed

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Slink Posted - 30/03/2013 : 12:43:11
Hi all, just thought I would post a few pictures of slink post shed. Unfortunately it was a bit of a rough shed and she needed a bit of help but as far as I can tell everything is off.
Here's a picture of slink in blue

A few pics of her in her new clothes

And one of the broken shed (unfortunately I can't seem to find every last bit but I can't see any remaining shed on her)

Just for future reference what would you recommend to help her have a clean shed? I have seen on other threads that you can put wet moss in a hide but I don't think I've seen moss in the pet shop I go to.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Slink Posted - 31/03/2013 : 14:46:38
quote:
Originally posted by Donnie

Was this her first shed with you? If so I would not do anything for the next shed and see how it goes as the first shed after moving can be a bad one. If it is bad again then I would use one of the methods above but unless you have your central heating blasting all of the time (or air conditioning) and not let any fresh air into your house normal UK humidity is fine for corns. If this has happened a couple of times then use one of the above mentioned methods.

I have had slink for about 6 months now and so far the sheds have been fine, but this is the first shed since moving her into the vivarium from the faunarium. I guess I will just have to see how the next shed goes and go from there.
Thank you all for the advice.
scottishbluebird Posted - 30/03/2013 : 17:54:16
Such a big difference
Donnie Posted - 30/03/2013 : 17:38:04
Was this her first shed with you? If so I would not do anything for the next shed and see how it goes as the first shed after moving can be a bad one. If it is bad again then I would use one of the methods above but unless you have your central heating blasting all of the time (or air conditioning) and not let any fresh air into your house normal UK humidity is fine for corns. If this has happened a couple of times then use one of the above mentioned methods.
Moppet Posted - 30/03/2013 : 17:13:11
Lovely Quite a transformation.
Mort13 Posted - 30/03/2013 : 16:13:57
So nice and bright now! Yep if you can't get any moss, a flannel will do the trick just as well
smart bunny Posted - 30/03/2013 : 14:07:43
Awww nice and bright again! As above there are different methods, I put a moss hide in for Corno as her first shed with us was bad, but she didn't seem to want to go anywhere near it! After 3 sheds which she needed a bit of help with (running through damp towel) she started shedding fine on her own, so don't panic that 1 bad shed means Slink will always have a problem. Some people mist the vivs 1-2x a day once they have noticed the eyes have cleared just to up the humidity temporarily. I think I'd go for moving the water bowl across and a damp flannel personally.
Figs Posted - 30/03/2013 : 13:22:15
Super pretty, Slink!
herriotfan Posted - 30/03/2013 : 13:05:32
Thirsty work shedding!
Beautiful new coat.
Don't have to use moss, you can just pop a damp flannel on her warm hide as soon as you notice her going blue. Another tip is to put her water in the warm end.
Foxtrotsierra Posted - 30/03/2013 : 12:47:47
She looks gorgeous - her colours are so vivid

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000