The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Finally have my Butter Motley!! :)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Blaze14 Posted - 23/10/2012 : 10:03:05
So I got a lovely present from my boyfriend over the weekend...

He knows me too well! Meet Khaleesi the female Butter Motley het gold dust, stripe.

I promise I wasn't holding her immediately, I got her out the tub to put into her new RUB and she just invited herself up my arm...

Love her to pieces, I've been going on about one ever since I got my first Amel three months ago. Everytime my boyfriend asks me a question, "butter motley" has been the answer, even if it doesn't make sense lol! So I guess he just got so fed up he finally got me one

Quick question though - because her dad was a gold dust does this mean she's not a real corn snake? As gold dust is a hybrid? And how does this affect me possibly breeding her in the future? I think there's abit of a debate on whether its ok to breed hybrids or not, but what's the general thoughts? Obviously this breeder thought it was ok!

And lastly, just an update on Blaze. She is only a week older than Khaleesi, and at 4months old her white bits have just started to turn orange:

Thanks guys!
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Blaze14 Posted - 25/10/2012 : 13:27:56
Thank youuu :) I went to feed her yesterday and she rattled her tail at me! Never seen that before, was quite cool. Obviously she's going to take more time to settle in than Blaze did!
Hissyfit Posted - 25/10/2012 : 10:48:08
She really is gorgeous
Blaze14 Posted - 23/10/2012 : 23:38:24
Hehe thanks! I think so too :)
gmac Posted - 23/10/2012 : 23:36:47
not a mess, a cracking butter motley you have ;)

some genes are just a pain is all lol
Blaze14 Posted - 23/10/2012 : 23:33:08
Oh dear, what a mess! Oh well, I love her anyway. Breeding is just a small thought for now. Its all very interesting, will definitely have to do my reading!
gmac Posted - 23/10/2012 : 23:27:31
thought it was a butter motley? suppose it could be a visual motley but really het for stripe and motley. In all honesty i would look to breed to a motley, as i dont understand where this breeder is coming from with his lack of genetic understanding.

If itds a true motley cant het stripe for the same reason as the amel and ultra genes as above
Blaze14 Posted - 23/10/2012 : 23:24:22
Ooo I see, breeder clearly needs to learn this too then! Just going on what he's told me. He says she's het for stripe too so I hope that's true! Will I need to breed her with an actual stripe to get that gene to show?
gmac Posted - 23/10/2012 : 23:19:53
no your butter motley is just that there is no hets from the golddust, butter being amel and caramel and with golddust being ultramel and caramel, you cant have an amel caramel (butter) het ultra. amel and ultra take up the same space on the gene ladder so only amel is present with this being a butter. if ultra was in the mix here this wold be a golddust motley ;)
Blaze14 Posted - 23/10/2012 : 23:15:17
Yes Game of Thrones :D love it! Thinking that might be my name theme from now on.
Well the boyfriend was in the dog house slightly so he was only worming his way out of it lol. But very nicely done!
Aaah ultramel and caramel, I see! Oh it just gives you the option to put their hets into the calc as well, so as she is het gold dust I was trying to put that in!
gmac Posted - 23/10/2012 : 22:18:37
gold dust is in the corn calc ;) is ultramel and caramel. However Kaleesi being a butter motley is amel and caramel ;) so cant figure out why you would need the golddust for the calc.

so for potential breedings just use caramel amel motley ;)
Razee Posted - 23/10/2012 : 21:18:22
Lucky you, I wish my hubby would do that.. no chance :-(
scottishbluebird Posted - 23/10/2012 : 20:50:58
Game of Thrones? Really gorgeous, my OH would NEVER get me a gift that great
monalisa70 Posted - 23/10/2012 : 19:40:46
He is stunning ,i love butter motleys
Blaze14 Posted - 23/10/2012 : 19:20:39
Hehe I'm hoping to get another one for xmas too :p there's no stopping me now!! Lozzy I love the ultramel anerys! Think I will post in the breeding section as well at some point, thanks!
TOM_BEASTY Posted - 23/10/2012 : 18:58:50
I want one, so lovely!! That's my Xmas present is sorted then ;)
Lozzy Posted - 23/10/2012 : 16:59:25
quote:
Originally posted by Blaze14

Yeh morphs/genes/hets confuse me a little, I'm lost without the help of the calculator! But hopefully I'll learn along the way. I didn't mean to breed her to my amel as they are both female :) but I was going to base my next snake on whatever would make an interesting breeding pair for the future! As she is het stripe I would like a stripe, but not sure of which colour would make a good pairing? Any fun suggestions?!

If you post and ask in the breeding section you should get some suggestions, i just know about the hybrid situation as my little boy is one too
Leasha Posted - 23/10/2012 : 13:53:28
Woow!
Those colours are lushhh :0
Soooo cute :3
Blaze14 Posted - 23/10/2012 : 11:59:09
Herriotfan I bet your caramel stripe and anery motley stripe are beautiful things! Any pics anywhere?
Blaze14 Posted - 23/10/2012 : 11:57:29
Yeh morphs/genes/hets confuse me a little, I'm lost without the help of the calculator! But hopefully I'll learn along the way. I didn't mean to breed her to my amel as they are both female :) but I was going to base my next snake on whatever would make an interesting breeding pair for the future! As she is het stripe I would like a stripe, but not sure of which colour would make a good pairing? Any fun suggestions?!
Jono2411 Posted - 23/10/2012 : 11:33:15
Beautiful little snakes you got there!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000