The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Apollo's new 'big boy viv' - what do you think?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Moppet Posted - 22/10/2012 : 18:12:43
As the title says. This is Apollo's new 'big boy viv'.
It is a Lx36 with 20watt heat matt, habistat pulse stat, digital thermometer, bamboo root, vines, some fake plants, two hides and a water bowl

Please excuse the cardboard. It is only a temporary wedge for the door until my proper ones arrive.

Apollo is in the viv in all of these photographs...

Here he is! 'Pthththth!Haha, you can't hold me for a whole week now.'

Bit of a flash issue on this last one...

He seems to like it He has dashed up into the plant in the right corner and has been investigating the plant thoroughly, occasionally poking his nose out to see what I'm up to. I think he likes having the height as this is the first time he has had more than the height of a faun (probably the first time ever as he was in a hatchling tub in the petshop I got him from).

What do you guys think? Too full? Just right? Need more things inside?

Thanks for looking
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Hissyfit Posted - 25/10/2012 : 10:33:13
Looks great, lucky snake
Moppet Posted - 24/10/2012 : 22:26:11
Thanks guys I'm reasonably happy with it.

I think I'm going to need to put some LED lights in though as it's a bit hard to see him in the shadows (can't see anything without a flash on the camera haha). Plus a few more plants, maybe a few more hides so he's got more choice, some cardboard tubes etc and then I'm happy for now. I'm sure it'll change every so often as I'll have a switch around to keep Apollo interested and try out new things.
Leasha Posted - 23/10/2012 : 13:52:12
Looks amazing :)
Thats one lucky snake ;)
Jayclk Posted - 23/10/2012 : 13:34:52
Great looking setup there and wait to get mine in a 36" viv :)
Dalymad2 Posted - 23/10/2012 : 10:20:51
Looking good, great setup for exploring.
Thorne Walker Posted - 22/10/2012 : 22:16:35
yeah.. looks good.
Moppet Posted - 22/10/2012 : 19:40:06
quote:
Originally posted by herriotfan

Looks good to me. If it's just a case of moving him to the new viv then you can handle him as normal. He's used to you, your smells and your home. It's only when they come to you first of all that they need the settling in time.

He has just changed vivs but he is now in a different (quieter) room of the house. I'm hoping he'll come out a bit more if he's in a bigger viv in a quieter area. Thought maybe he would need a while to settle in just because the viv is so different to his old one.

Thanks for all the nice comments guys I do intend to add more foliage and a hide made out of a half a log at some point in the future, just to fill it up a little more but I'll give my card a bit of a rest for now...

Aphrodite has moved up to Apollo's old faun (it has been thoroughly cleaned of course) and she seems to love it. She's dashing about like a loony, but then again she always does that she's just never had this much space before.
Isoldael Posted - 22/10/2012 : 19:30:25
Looks great! :D
Razee Posted - 22/10/2012 : 19:05:21
Very nice set up, doesn't look too full at all to me, I got more stuff in mine - only because Bazilishka is so shy..
Love the third picture with Apollo in the vine, he looks like he's thoroughly enjoying himself
lupi lou Posted - 22/10/2012 : 19:02:24
looks good
herriotfan Posted - 22/10/2012 : 18:46:54
Looks good to me. If it's just a case of moving him to the new viv then you can handle him as normal. He's used to you, your smells and your home. It's only when they come to you first of all that they need the settling in time.
Jono2411 Posted - 22/10/2012 : 18:34:53
Love it! Although, personally, I would add a bit more foliage in there... but I'd hardly say that is a necessity...
kev 5 Posted - 22/10/2012 : 18:34:37
looks very good
Lozzy Posted - 22/10/2012 : 18:30:53
Looks brilliant well done!
Emmerz Posted - 22/10/2012 : 18:26:57
awh looks good:-), lucky snakey!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000