The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 had rubi a year :)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
rubi Posted - 13/10/2012 : 18:40:32
ok so i hvae had rubi just over a year now i bought her on the 2/10/12 which was when the reptile shop said she was ready...would anyone be able to work out her birthday for me?
this was her the day i bought her home (weight/length unknown)

this is her now, weight 49g length 2 ft
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
rubi Posted - 14/10/2012 : 10:33:13
yeah its kind of annoying..she was fairly small when got her and only on 1 pinky...i have a feeling only fed once with the shop/or fussy eater (which possible as she wouldnt eat with me for about 4 weeks, until i heated it). I remember went in weekend before and chose her (was told she was a miami, when actually she a normal), but they said couldnt take for another week as needed to make sure she fed ( so do wonder if that was her first feed, as she had just shed as well i think). I dont use that shop any more got so much bad advice from them so glad found this forum :)
Moppet Posted - 13/10/2012 : 21:29:11
You're welcome. I know how you feel. Apollo was a pet shop snake and they only had feeding records back to Sept 2011. He was getting double pinks then so I know he is older than that but not much more detail than that. It's a shame really. I've guesstimated probably around June 2011 for his hatching assuming he was growing at a pretty average rate so that he could manage double pinkies by September but truthfully, I really don't know for sure.

I have records for my other four and they are all growing at such different rates. The oldest of them is the second smallest because she was a picky eater to begin with. There can be quite a difference in individual snakes.
rubi Posted - 13/10/2012 : 20:35:10
ok then fair enough thankyou im going with the logic of shes just over a year now but would be nice to know the exact date but dont think ever will :(...most def ensure hvae all records etrc when get my next one :)
Moppet Posted - 13/10/2012 : 20:20:56
All hatchlings develop at different rates when they hatch. It depends on how many consecutive feeds they wanted her to have before she left, and on how many feeds she missed before she started eating properly. She could have been an early or a late 2011 hatchling, there isn't really any way to tell for sure as there are so many variables that can affect it.

Of course someone with more experience may be able to take a better guess than I can.
rubi Posted - 13/10/2012 : 20:14:40
um yeah i did lol :)
No i dont i was completly new to corns with this and was told not to worry etc by the reptile shop (reliuze this was a mistake now and have started mny own records recently). didnt know if could be calculated by the fact that shop said was first day could take her..but not sure if that due to age or feeding.
Moppet Posted - 13/10/2012 : 19:21:24
Do you mean 2/10/11?
I think it is tricky to tell exactly how old a corn snake is as they all grow differently and some take longer to be ready than others. Do you have a record of her sheds before you got her? You could guesstimate her hatch date from her first ever shed if you knew that.
rubi Posted - 13/10/2012 : 18:41:11
sorry thought had done it so was one undder the other

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000