The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Newly shed Bazil

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Razee Posted - 08/10/2012 : 20:50:37
Bazilishka shed last night, so I fed her tonight. She flew out of the feeding box, before I could open it properly, and grabbed the mouse and the tweezers ( spat the tweezers out ), then glared at me daring me to go in an get the tweezers...I waited till her mouth was full.

After shed

My mouse! MINE!

Belly bump

Just put your hand in now... I dare you....
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lupi lou Posted - 10/10/2012 : 10:14:07
her colours are beautiful!
Razee Posted - 09/10/2012 : 21:03:17
Sorry, don't know how to edit.

Bazil doesn't make me jump anymore, only because I expect it, but this time she jolly well did make me jump, the strike was so fast even before I opened the box properly, and the loss of tweezers shook me a bit, too :-)
Razee Posted - 09/10/2012 : 20:58:09
Thanks every one.
Moppet, Bazil strikes and constricts every time and always has done, even when he was a dinky 13 g hatchie, but Little Twiddler only just started, and still doesn't do it every time. He couldn't be bothered with striking at pinkies or fuzzies, only with the bigger mice, and only if he's very hungry, or once, when he was close to going blue and irritated :-) Otherwise he just looks at me as if I'm mad wiggling the mouse and simply picks it up and eats it. I like to think it makes him so gentle to handle. You wouldn't want to put a hand near Bazil when she's in feeding mode, though.
Kath Posted - 09/10/2012 : 15:51:37
lol love your post, glad she spat the tweezers out & you waited til her mouth was full before you retrieved them!

Corny has recently started striking at his food (& making us jump!) & last week he did his first proper coil. Was amazing to watch, we'll get camera ready for his next feed!
Hissyfit Posted - 09/10/2012 : 12:29:06
Great pics, she looks lovely I only have the one that strike feeds, and he makes me jump every time
Dudeskin Posted - 09/10/2012 : 11:28:56
Cool constrict and great tongue flick
Moppet Posted - 08/10/2012 : 21:30:23
Oooh, how exciting I hope one of my snakes will get the idea of striking and coiling when they're a bit bigger. All of them are quite gentle feeders at the moment. The best right now is probably Aurora who takes it pretty quickly (not really a strike, she's just eager) and hoovers it up as quickly as possible.

Basil looks very pretty after her shed

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000