The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Some cute pics of my now yearling =]

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Falice Posted - 09/09/2012 : 19:37:50
So Trevor turned one some time last month yaay He shed earlier in the week so his colours are looking lovely, I love seeing how they change. Just had a weigh in as well he now weighs 70 grams =] When do u guys think I should move him up to smalls? He's on double fluffs atm. I've never seen a small so i dont actually know how big they are in comparison.

Love this one =]

Thanks for lookin as always =]

14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Falice Posted - 12/09/2012 : 18:21:20
Yea i kind of wanted something in the middle, but hes been on 2 fluffs for a little while now, but i ordered some smalls today so they should arrive tomoro yay i just hope they arn't huge lol
smart bunny Posted - 12/09/2012 : 14:59:28
Awww Happy belated Birthday Trevor!

He's looking lovely

Our local pet shop does fuzzies and smalls but also does 'mini-mice' which are between the two. Corno has been on large mini-mice the last few weeks as I was nervous to put her straight up to smalls (but I didn't do double fluffs except for 2 weeks before moving up). Corno was 1 the other week and I'm going to get smalls for her from next week, she's 110g now.

Looking at the pics I would definitely say Trevor needs something a bit bigger?
claire_daz Posted - 11/09/2012 : 09:08:22
Both my girls yearling are huge pop's is 278g 07/11 and sizzle is 197g 06/11
but midget who
Will be one on the 25th of september is only 84g
Falice Posted - 10/09/2012 : 15:04:19
I've got some questions about rsr. I need to order some smalls off of there as my local doesnt do them grr. If i was to order them after 1pm and choose the delivery before 12. Will they still arive next day? x
danny Posted - 10/09/2012 : 10:44:10
Tango shall be 12 months in a few weeks she's 150g and been on mediams for some time now .
Moppet Posted - 09/09/2012 : 23:40:39
Trevor is very pretty A small is a bit thicker than a fluff. A picture I found for comparison:

As long as the small isn't more than 1.5 times the widest part of Trevor he should be able to manage it, especially if he can manage double fluffs.

quote:
Originally posted by BOWZER43

Are most corns that big when they reach age 1??

Apollo isn't anywhere near that size. He only just reached the 50g mark and he is over a year old but he is surprisingly small for a yearling so perhaps 70g is a pretty average size for a 1 year old.
Falice Posted - 09/09/2012 : 23:31:57
quote:
Originally posted by BOWZER43

I'm not sure but I think it just depends on the snake, i don't think i've ever seen another year old corn before in real life actually lol, only hatchlings or adults.

Ok thanks for the advice guys, I would prob hav to buy smalls online cuz i think my local only has larger ones, ill ask when im there tomoro though. Does anyone else order online and can give some suggestions of where to get them? Also heres a couple of pics of him eating a fluff in the week, this one weighed 8 or 9g I can't remember which.
Ill try him on smalls, but heres a couple of pics anyway for your opinions.

scottishbluebird Posted - 09/09/2012 : 23:23:57
Aw Happy late Birthday xx looking great
BOWZER43 Posted - 09/09/2012 : 22:33:15
Okeetee Mick Posted - 09/09/2012 : 22:10:43
Looking good
Donnie Posted - 09/09/2012 : 21:05:43
He looks great. I moved Sid onto smalls when he was 57g and never did double fluffs so Trevor should be fine. I would just try to pick the smaller ones if I was you for the first few feeds.
lupi lou Posted - 09/09/2012 : 20:40:01
he's lovely, 8's not long been on smalls and i probabple could have moved himup sooner, like lozzy says aslong as it is any more than 1 1/2 the widest part of him he'll be fine.
ScalySituation Posted - 09/09/2012 : 19:43:48
fab pics, he's doing great :)

this thread contains a feeding guide :) http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22619
Lozzy Posted - 09/09/2012 : 19:42:25
Aw he is looking fab! In regards to feeding, Star is 71 grams and she actually moved to smalls today without a problem so aslong as its no bigger than one and half times the thickest part i see no reason not to try

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000