The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Bazilisek and Twiddler - first attempt

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Razee Posted - 24/08/2012 : 23:25:36
First attempt to upload photos... hope they're not too big,
First one is Bazil when I got him home...

and Bazil recently

Little Twidler

and Little Twidler now

and another

sorry for the quality, they're from my mobile...
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Moppet Posted - 26/08/2012 : 22:23:59
Don't apologise for pics, more the better Bazilisek is very pretty.
Razee Posted - 26/08/2012 : 22:03:02

here is Bazilisek - freshly shed last night

his eyes

sorry for so many pics - I'm so chuffed I learned how to post them
Razee Posted - 26/08/2012 : 21:48:37
Poor Bazilisek, he's getting overlooked... ;-)

Bazilisek is a bit of a strange one, I got him in a garden centre ( didn't know the reptile shop then ) - and they didn't know anything about him, they just buy of dealers...he had lots of strawy yellow already and lovely dark red saddles and looked very different to the other normal corn hatchlings, the guy there thought he might be het caramel, just from the looks.
Now, the older he gets, the browner the saddles are. I must post some photos of him, that one above is not very accurate, the flash made him more red and yellow. His saddles are brown and the background is dirty yellow, with yellow eyes. He looks almost caramel, but he can't be, he certainly didn't look anery when little.
Razee Posted - 26/08/2012 : 21:37:04
I got him in Exeter in my local reptile shop, they had two at the time. I wonder if the shop got them of someone on the Dark side - I saw Abbots Okeetees advertised there shortly before, in Devon, and there was a photo of their mum ( she was even nicer than my Little Twiddler ). The shop was using exactly the same photo when advertising these two on their website...I just went to have a look - and well, I just couldn't resist, I have been looking for an Okeetee for a couple of years.
Moppet Posted - 26/08/2012 : 20:19:51
He is a really stunning example of an okeetee. Where did you get him from?
Ell Posted - 25/08/2012 : 19:14:06
That Okeetee is stunning ^^
Lozzy Posted - 25/08/2012 : 11:28:10
Gorgeous pictures and gorgeous snakes
Okeetee Mick Posted - 25/08/2012 : 11:16:33
Nice pics
Razee Posted - 25/08/2012 : 09:48:21
Thanks people

Jenn, its a bit of a hit and miss with the mobile pictures, I don't seem to be able to control it..

The one of Twiddler in the bowl probably shows his colours as they are, the other ( he's test driving his new branch ) is by the window, taken by daylight, no flash.

You're right about the difference, Abbots Okeetees were selectively bred for very thick black saddle borders. I don't know if I'm allowed to mention other websites, ( mods please remove this if I'm not) - but there's quite a good guide to different types of Okeetees on South mountain reptiles, also Ian's vivarium mentions Abbots Okeetees.
lupi lou Posted - 25/08/2012 : 09:18:54
stunning snakes, Twiddler is a very hansome chap, love his markings
Jenn Posted - 25/08/2012 : 07:08:25
was just thinking maybe thats the difference from normal to oakatee is you have the outlined saddles etc and makes them way more defined...lol, after thought... =)
Jenn Posted - 25/08/2012 : 07:07:16
so pretty, lol, like how your mobile makes the color pop even more, is it a setting or are they really that bright? almost a yellowish orange, POW Markings pop!
Thorne Walker Posted - 25/08/2012 : 03:19:05
Love those Okeetees!

Razee Posted - 24/08/2012 : 23:47:49
Thank you, Moppet...Little T is an Abbots Okeetee, indeed - and it's scary how fast he grows... there's 8 - 10 months between them and Little T. has just this month actually caught up in length with Bazil. He's grown 17 cm in just the last shed!
Moppet Posted - 24/08/2012 : 23:32:20
Good pics from a mobile. Impressive. Gorgeous snakes. Little Twidler is my fave. He's beautiful, such lovely wide markings. I'm assuming he's an okeetee? Lovely.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000