The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 PhiPhi and Bob chillin' out :D

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
NexivRed Posted - 22/08/2012 : 12:32:27
I was just changing Ophion's water this morning and suddenly noticed she was out in her RUB on top of a branch! I am so chuffed because this is only the third time (in two months) I have seen her out of her hide, and the FIRST time I have seen her chilling out in the open! Made me really happy because I guess it shows she feels relaxed in her environment.
Also she was doing that great thing snakes do where they're all folded up on themselves. Had to take a pic:

I thought while I was at it I'd take a pic of Bob as well, as his new favourite spot is rather odd. It's not amazingly helpful for when I need to get in (such as to change the water as I did this morning), as there's a chance he can fall off into his water bowl (like he did this morning...) But he seems to love squashing himself up there even when he's fat with pinky!

This is his other favourite spot which just confuses me. So far he seems to enjoy sitting as far away from his heat mat as possible (it's normally around 27 degrees), and as cramped as possible lol.

Pics were taken with my phone camera that has a flash, and you can see the intense colour change Bob can show depending on the photo! No wonder I'm never able to get a decent picture of his colours lol.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
scottishbluebird Posted - 22/08/2012 : 21:46:09
Great pics Ophion is stunning
Okeetee Mick Posted - 22/08/2012 : 18:58:59
Nice pics
Moppet Posted - 22/08/2012 : 16:54:57
Fab pictures. I love Bob's 'relaxing' positions haha.
Lozzy Posted - 22/08/2012 : 15:24:27
Lovely pictures and lol at Bob my lil man likes to sit in the lip of his rub too!
NexivRed Posted - 22/08/2012 : 13:25:26
Thanks for the tip. And Ophis looking lovely as usual :)
smart bunny Posted - 22/08/2012 : 13:24:18
Lol at Bob's favourite relaxtion positions!!!
Dancross0 Posted - 22/08/2012 : 13:12:10
My progression pics are done in a 3L plastic tub with a piece of A4 paper underneath, with a ruler in the tub.

I use a flash if needed, but I prefer doing them in natural light to properly capture the colours.

Like this...

Pic taken with the flash, slightly diffused with a cigarette paper.
NexivRed Posted - 22/08/2012 : 12:58:51
Yeah, there's not a hint of any red in either of those pics is there. He definitely got more purple last shed, and his pink is going peach which shows up well in that first pic. He looks almost caramel there!

Next I'm gonna try my other half's iPhone outside and we'll see what he looks like. Would like some good tips on how to get a decent photo of my snakes though, for progression purposes. I like the ones where they're on a plain white background. How do people set up those photos? Do you use a flash indoors? What background do you use?
Dancross0 Posted - 22/08/2012 : 12:53:48
Great pics! I must say, Bob is looking far more lavender...
Freddiesmum Posted - 22/08/2012 : 12:35:26
These pictures are great! Made me smile, especially Bob's odd way of relaxing haha!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000