The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 New lavender male is home! (pic heavy)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
NexivRed Posted - 06/08/2012 : 20:19:40
Say hello to the hatchling I picked up today, Ouroboros (Bob for short).

There was some confusion over whether he was a lavender or not because of his photo in artificial light, and my photos again have been taken in low light so he shows up extremely red (although his eyes prove his lavender gene). But that's because the pink hues on this guy are so intense! He is absolutely beautiful and I am so pleased with him.

So here are some piccies! He's a little diamond to handle. Very active but loves to curl around your fingers and be held. He's just smashing!

You can really see the pink on his base colour here

His almost motley saddles at the top just like his mum

I'd like some help over this belly shot. Are his belly checkers showing anything, perhaps hypo? Because the guy selling him said he was bright compared to the other hatchlings, and the mum is a hypo. I know nothing about belly checkers so hopefully someone could help? He's also het stripe btw, so don't know if that has an effect. They just looked a bit strange to me because I was expecting them to be grey but they're more the colour of his saddles.

Going to take the chance to post a few of my pewter girl, Ophion ;)

She's such a beautiful silver

Thanks for looking :)

13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Moppet Posted - 08/08/2012 : 19:04:14
They're both beautiful

I think it can be hard to judge colour based on photos because dependent on light they can total change colours of anything.

I really like the photo showing the pink base colour. Be interested to see how his colour changes as he grows up
NexivRed Posted - 07/08/2012 : 23:16:09
So you think he could be a hypo lavender? I guess there's only one way to know for sure, but it could be possible. The parents were lavender stripe and a hypo lavender. He didn't mention any hets so it's possible the father was het for hypo as well I guess.

The lighting does make him look more red instead of the dusty red/pink he is. I forgot to take some pics today, I'll take some tomorrow when I feed him.
Adsclarke Posted - 07/08/2012 : 22:27:10
Hey,

The belly and saddle borders say Hypo to me and not Lavender. Lavender is one of the Anerythristic genes and therefore removes the red pigment. Maybe the lighting in the photos is making the snake look Hypo and not Lavender?

Cheers
Ads
Okeetee Mick Posted - 07/08/2012 : 20:15:22
Looking forward to seeing this one progress.
manda88 Posted - 07/08/2012 : 14:51:42
Both are gorgeous! It's amazing how much lavenders change in colour, every lavender I hatched last year came out a deep reddish brown, and are now all bright pink! Dancross0's Ophis being one of them!
I LOVE Bob's eyes <3
kev 5 Posted - 07/08/2012 : 10:14:50
both very nice
scorpyshake Posted - 06/08/2012 : 22:42:48
they are both gorgeous, but that lavender is just yummy :) I want him lol
viraleye Posted - 06/08/2012 : 22:04:10
Love this picture!

NexivRed Posted - 06/08/2012 : 21:20:47
I am excited to see him progress as well. He's only around 5 weeks old and has shed just the once so he may be due his next one soon!
Tomorrow I'll take a couple of pics in the sunlight so you can see the true colour.
Donnie Posted - 06/08/2012 : 21:15:39
Very nice
Dancross0 Posted - 06/08/2012 : 21:13:18
Wow. If it wasn't for the eye and the pinkish base colour, I really wouldn't have believed that to be a lavender!

I really want to see this one progress! (And not because I'm getting a lavender either....)
Lozzy Posted - 06/08/2012 : 20:53:01
They are both beautiful!!! wow!
coxymk2 Posted - 06/08/2012 : 20:24:47
Beautiful bright colouring

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000