The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Eggs, 7 week old, good sign?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
serena_08 Posted - 23/06/2012 : 18:40:37

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
IncurableFlirt Posted - 24/06/2012 : 02:00:44
Corn snake eggs are amazing and can withstand quite a bit of "abuse" and still remain viable. :) A lot of people don't even incubate them...they just put them in a plastic RUB with some damp moss and stick them in a closet where the air temp remains the same. I incubate all of mine at anywhere from 82F-84F and they usually go from 55 to 65 days. The veins in your eggs are a definite good sign that the fetuses are all doing fine. They should be hatching soon if they've gone that long. Best of luck with them! :)
serena_08 Posted - 24/06/2012 : 00:02:20
Thanks, and anywhere between 25-30 degrees (fluctuation)

They were unexpected (I unknowingly bought her gravid) 3 out of 9 looked viable and went into incubator. There is a similar dark mass in all eggs, only couldn't get it on pic!

I weren't expecting any to survive, so the fact they still are white and growing has already bypassed all expectation :)
Mnementh Posted - 23/06/2012 : 20:39:12
Heya ,What sort of temps is the incubator at ?

Just wondering because at 7 weeks , that's like 49 days that bottom egg looks fairly empty , I know last year I incubated at 82f and they hatched spot on 60 days , so at the same temp that leaves 11 days or so . But yeah all different , some hatch around 75-80 days depending on temps :)
coyote Posted - 23/06/2012 : 19:15:00
good luck hope all goes well

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000