The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Plissken out and about...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dancross0 Posted - 20/06/2012 : 12:15:05
I took Plissken for a walk round the garden last night. Thought the sun and some exercise might get his appetite going again; he hasn't had a proper meal for 3.5 months now!

Hello!

11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
MrsDavo Posted - 20/06/2012 : 19:58:40
What lovely pics :-)
Dancross0 Posted - 20/06/2012 : 18:28:10
He's been offered smaller feeds; smalls, fluffs, and rat pups. No interest at all.

I'm going to give it until the end of July before I even think of offering live. He didn't eat for 2.5 months last year, so I'm kinda used to his fasts. When he does eventually eat, he'll be getting a jumbo every week until he regains condition, then back to larges every 2 weeks.
scottishbluebird Posted - 20/06/2012 : 18:25:02
lol brilliant, cute kitty too
IncurableFlirt Posted - 20/06/2012 : 17:17:23
Gorgeous guy. :) I know well the frustration that comes with them not eating. My big male, Adam, has also gone for 3 and 4 months at a time without food (usually breeding season). The only thing that will pull Adam out of his fasting is to offer him a live small adult mouse. I have to watch him very closely with it and the whole time I am paranoid that he's going to get bit, but so far he has not had any issues. After he has this one live mouse, it's back to eating his frozen/thawed without trouble. :D You could also try giving him a smaller than usual frozen/thawed and see if that piques his interest. Best of luck with him and I hope he eats for you soon!
BayBeeCorns Posted - 20/06/2012 : 16:47:11
quote:
Originally posted by lupi lou

he is a handsome boy, very cute cat too, i take it he's really good with the snakes!

My cats are obsessed with the snakes, always stalking them when they are in the viv lol :D
smart bunny Posted - 20/06/2012 : 14:56:03
Nah - you took your eyes off him for a second and he grabbed a mouse that was hiding under those plants lol!! :P

Lovely pic with the cat, awww!
Auld Baldy Posted - 20/06/2012 : 14:04:06
Considering he's not eaten for so long, he's still looking great and catching up on Big-T's 17 week record.
kev 5 Posted - 20/06/2012 : 13:38:32
great pics
ScalySituation Posted - 20/06/2012 : 13:01:35
lovely pics and what a cat :)
AcidicAngel Posted - 20/06/2012 : 12:57:20
Lovely snake! Love the cats expression lol!
lupi lou Posted - 20/06/2012 : 12:57:07
he is a handsome boy, very cute cat too, i take it he's really good with the snakes!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000