The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 (pic heavy 7 month corn)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
danny Posted - 01/05/2012 : 19:36:32
Just a update of Tango and her progress shes 7 months tommorow what do you think ? :)

Sorry for there being so many lol
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
danny Posted - 29/05/2012 : 23:33:47
Shes had a shed and got a little bulkier since that photo aswell :)
kelly x Posted - 29/05/2012 : 20:18:16
my Bow is just to go on 9months and does not look that big, but you have a lush snake :)
Cazzy Posted - 08/05/2012 : 21:33:43
ok thanks :) he's a shy eater aswell, it wasnt until it was dark that he would eat it! i had to put it in his viv as he wouldnt take it from the sweezers!
lupi lou Posted - 08/05/2012 : 21:31:26
yeah try him on double pinks but feed every 7 days rather than 5
Cazzy Posted - 08/05/2012 : 21:13:48
quote:
Originally posted by a2c7

We've been shocked recently by checking our feeding records and the ages of our snakes from shops (two different shops.) They really do feed them tiny amounts to keep them smaller! Our boa was being fed 2 fluffs but stole a rat pup off the feeding plate one day a couple of weeks ago in the shop so we've put her straight onto them...they leave no bump and are obviously too small for her.

Ara was on one pinky and after our first successful feed with him (he's CB11) I put him straight up to two..which he eats in record time and they're barely visible so once I'm out of pinkies he'll be up to fluffs.

Ginn was kept on a single pinkie for 7 months according to her sheets, she's now on smalls (small smalls I should add) and is a dustbin like most kingsnakes.

gonzo is on one pinkie every 4/5 days and there is no visable lump, so does that mean i should feed him two? the women said he is 4-5 months old and he is just over 30cm i havent weighed him yet as only got him on friday!
Cazzy Posted - 08/05/2012 : 21:10:22
he is huge! the women i got gonzo from said he was about 4-5 months old and he is like a third of yours! she is a stunning colour!
Vince_the_snake Posted - 08/05/2012 : 16:14:58
Lovely colours!
Zee94 Posted - 08/05/2012 : 15:16:14
Your 7 month old looks HUGE! Shadow is 8months old and she looks tiny compared to your snake
danny Posted - 06/05/2012 : 20:08:58
Think i may of just posted on your pics allso :)
Octyman Posted - 05/05/2012 : 07:37:58
I have an amel motley *male* corn snake called Tango!! He is only just 8 months and he's about half the size of yours!! Your Tango is definitely going to be a big'un - she's beautiful!
a2c7 Posted - 03/05/2012 : 12:56:51
We've been shocked recently by checking our feeding records and the ages of our snakes from shops (two different shops.) They really do feed them tiny amounts to keep them smaller! Our boa was being fed 2 fluffs but stole a rat pup off the feeding plate one day a couple of weeks ago in the shop so we've put her straight onto them...they leave no bump and are obviously too small for her.

Ara was on one pinky and after our first successful feed with him (he's CB11) I put him straight up to two..which he eats in record time and they're barely visible so once I'm out of pinkies he'll be up to fluffs.

Ginn was kept on a single pinkie for 7 months according to her sheets, she's now on smalls (small smalls I should add) and is a dustbin like most kingsnakes.
Georgina Posted - 03/05/2012 : 00:06:59
i think that for smalls the normal practice is every 7 days, same for double fluff feeds. as far as i am aware single fluffs are every 6-7 days. x
danny Posted - 03/05/2012 : 00:04:15
Yes as georgina said pet dhops feed less as they will allso have less room for acomodation nooooo she is not power fed i no all the risks lol however i dont feed every 6 she last ate on saterday night so her next feed shall be on friday morning ish she poops and digests fine usally within 48 hours she may do a little one on the third day:) However i carry on my feeding schedule at all times even when blue as i no some of you dont do this and wait untill shed, however i have had no problems with this without any regurges so shall continue 2. shes shed the same date every month so far minuse the last one so she may be slowing down a little or readjusting to the bigger prey.
Georgina Posted - 02/05/2012 : 20:54:53
dont worry primrose linguini is perfectly fine. this snake is just big for its age, the difference may be dramoatic as linguini may be smale for his age. in comparison this is the size of 18MONTH - 2 YEAR OLD snake.

pet shops keep snakes on smaller meals purposly to keep them small and cute.
people are more likley to buy a small cute snake than a big scary one, min were yearlings when i got them and they were still on weekly pinkies x
Primrose22 Posted - 02/05/2012 : 19:18:17
omg. Linguini was born in September 2011 so that means he's about 8 months old this month, and he is NOTHING but NOTHING like this big. He's literally like a piece of spaghetti, hence the name! Seriously concerned now that P@H were under feeding him.
Hissyfit Posted - 02/05/2012 : 14:42:36
She looks lovely, and so long for her age
Georgina Posted - 02/05/2012 : 09:37:13
Mine are 2 in july ish and one has been on smalls for nearly e months and one is still on hoppers.

Lovely looking snake, fab colour x
Mamma Posted - 02/05/2012 : 08:56:24
my main concern would be power feeding for those smaller snakes who take bigger feeds. Not saying thats what you guys do.. just that alot of the smaller snakes that are taking substantially bigger feeds for their age are power fed. To make them bigger sooner. Which can cause internal problems and obesity as an adult.

Again Im not saying you guys are. Just voicing my concerns xxx
smart bunny Posted - 02/05/2012 : 08:47:19
Wow she must be twice the size of Corno (8 months)!

You are only feeding weekly aren't you, not every 5 days?
claire_daz Posted - 01/05/2012 : 22:35:00
i have a 10 month old her size on smalls

my baby snakey september hatch has just moved to fuzzies

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000