The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 just in time

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
marc_sg Posted - 30/03/2012 : 18:56:12
this is proof that a corn who is 18 months old and about half inch thick can squeeze theu a 3 mm grab in the glass. i wanted to know how simon was escaping from his viv.so i put him back in from his faun and i sat there and he done nothing. i went away for 2 mins. (nature called) and came back and caught him in the act. last time he got out i had to rip all the boxing in of the radiator pipes to get him well enjoy ur last escape lil man coz from tomoz i will get paper binders on the glass.

20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lupi lou Posted - 03/04/2012 : 12:15:31
this is why 8 isn't in his big boy viv yet was so paranoid about him escaping, like you falice my o/h thought i was just being paranoid! although i do check the lid and door on 8's faun at least twice aday :-)
Hissyfit Posted - 03/04/2012 : 10:56:21
Glad you caught him in time! You'd never think they could squeeze through such a small gap
Falice Posted - 02/04/2012 : 22:48:30
omg! that is crazy to see, thanks for posting these pics, they have just convinced my boyfriend that i'm not being totally crazy and paranoid by filling the tiny gaps between the sliding doors! lol
claire_daz Posted - 02/04/2012 : 18:46:21
oooo that looks so much better nice one
Dancross0 Posted - 02/04/2012 : 17:42:37
I went with the paper binders. No sticky bits, and looks quite nice...

claire_daz Posted - 02/04/2012 : 16:50:28
we solve this type of escaping buy adding a strip of the soft velcro to each edge of viv glass like this

light will have guard tomorrow and the velcro stuff is on the outside
EmSquem Posted - 31/03/2012 : 19:11:22
Oh my God :S crazy snakey ;)
marc_sg Posted - 31/03/2012 : 17:24:30
ok people please lets not let this into a row. i just put this up to show that my 18 month 87g male got thru a 3mm gap. i really didnt want to start an arguement i will just get this all deleted if it turns into an arguement
scottishbluebird Posted - 31/03/2012 : 17:21:37
quote:
Originally posted by marc_sg

is it worth getting these pictures made into a sticky. i dont mind if any one from admin using these just so people can actually see that can get thru. if someone wishes to make a sticky using these pics be my guest

I agree, new snake owners would understandbly not expect them to be able to do that!
Okeetee Mick Posted - 31/03/2012 : 16:43:04
quote:
Originally posted by tordyjo

no smart bunny, i'd seen your picture.

I must apologise, i've just re-read the post and seems only 1 person didn't believe that it could happen. I didn't mean to upset anyone x

Oh that must be me! It never ceases to amaze me how some threads go off at a tangent. First and foremost I never said or intimated in any way I didn't believe a snake couldn't get through a gap in the glass, I said a 2mm gap, a member simply asked a question regarding this matter, I asked if their viv was a Vivexotic as the glass gap on all mine is only 2mm and that it is impossible for a year old to get through a gap of that size, and it is. You bought up a 5mm gap we now have 3mm gap bought into it.
The smallest snake I have is only 27gms and of course always tries to escape through the 2mm, yes that's 2mm gap and simply can't because it's impossible. If I squashed a year olds snake to 2mm it would be a snake no more.
tordyjo Posted - 31/03/2012 : 13:01:55
no smart bunny, i'd seen your picture.

I must apologise, i've just re-read the post and seems only 1 person didn't believe that it could happen. I didn't mean to upset anyone x
smart bunny Posted - 31/03/2012 : 11:51:41
Lol squashed snakey!! Looks like he's trying to get to Ophelia lol!

btw Tordyjo, I hope you didn't think I didn't believe you on that other thread as I did, that's why I said I'd put a paper binder on mine lol!!
Kez Posted - 30/03/2012 : 23:03:32
'Simon Says' - Give me a challenge and I will succeed
marc_sg Posted - 30/03/2012 : 22:24:36
is it worth getting these pictures made into a sticky. i dont mind if any one from admin using these just so people can actually see that can get thru. if someone wishes to make a sticky using these pics be my guest
tordyjo Posted - 30/03/2012 : 21:43:36
quote:
Originally posted by scottishbluebird

quote:

it is hard to believe unless you have actually witnessed it

I did believe you, but it is still scary to see it happen!

I didn't doubt you in believing bluebird and spreebok, I know there were a few on that particular thread who thought it impossible.

the gap on my viv is 5mm with a 2.5cm overlap of glass, harry who was as chunky as my thumb managed to get himself through that gap, just lucky i got home when i did to see him in the process of trying to escape.
Laws Posted - 30/03/2012 : 21:05:07
crafty buggars arent they ? glad u got him! :)
cattNmo Posted - 30/03/2012 : 21:05:01
I'm liking my rubs more and more after seeing this one
Spreebok Posted - 30/03/2012 : 21:03:40
Psiren did a great escape through a 2mm gap before, so I certainly believe you!
Katie.Dublin Posted - 30/03/2012 : 20:58:05
I took a video of my 4 year old trying his VERY hardest to get his nose through the nonexistant gap in my vivexotic. Completely flattening his head to try squeeze through. Was interesting to watch!
scottishbluebird Posted - 30/03/2012 : 20:53:38
quote:

it is hard to believe unless you have actually witnessed it

I did believe you, but it is still scary to see it happen!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000