The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Tadaaaa..Jake the miracle Snake!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Starmist Posted - 09/02/2012 : 21:56:54
Hey everyone! Thought i'd share some pictures of Jake with you all!
I've asked for everyone's opinion on what type of corn he was, but would you all mind guessing again?! Weighed him tonight and he's currently 420g at about 4 foot long. Is this about right for his size? Also can you tell the sex, just by looking at him? As he's not very wide and the bloke at our local pet shop said it's probably a girl?? Anyway...here are the pictures!!!

Hendrix hates to be left out!!
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
thistle Posted - 10/02/2012 : 23:05:16
Jake is very handsome. I'd say anery motley as well, but I'm certainly no expert.
Georgina Posted - 10/02/2012 : 20:09:47
i took mine to the vets to be sexed, would have been 15 pounds but he didnt charge me. he was in a good mood.
Starmist Posted - 10/02/2012 : 20:05:45
We don't really have any shops like that round here! Being a small little town! I'm not the fussed about finding out the sex as I have no plans to breed or anything. It would've been nice just to know!
Spreebok Posted - 10/02/2012 : 19:20:09
If you want him/her sexed, most reptile shops offer probing for free or for a small fee (like £1 or something), may be worth finding one that offers it if you want to be sure :)
ScalySituation Posted - 10/02/2012 : 18:42:26
what a little cutie! i love his wittle face!
mkmattyk Posted - 10/02/2012 : 18:21:21
theres abit tiny section about sexing by the vent area in the book im reading, but its not 100% accurate...
it says the base of the tail straight after the vent is more broader than a feamles, to accomidate its manly bits, but TBH youll need a female to compair anyways, so if you dont have a known female its practically useless
Starmist Posted - 10/02/2012 : 16:17:45
Thanks for the links Bunny! I think he's definitely an anery motley. The sex will remain a mystery! Lol. He was very lucky and will always be special :)
smart bunny Posted - 10/02/2012 : 16:13:59
Oh wow, he was one lucky snake then! I don't know much about the difference between anery and ghost, he could be a ghost motley - have a look on Ian's Vivarium, ghost motley:
http://iansvivarium.com/morphs/species/elaphe_guttata/ghost_motley/

anery motley: http://iansvivarium.com/morphs/species/elaphe_guttata/anery_motley/
Starmist Posted - 10/02/2012 : 16:07:38
I love his yellow nose! When he was a baby he didn't have any yellow markings at all. They've all come in the last 6 months or so! Everyone said he was an anery motley and they're still saying it now! It was hard for us as he was found on a footpath on the way into town curled up in a ball. Possibly an unwanted pet, who knows? It was cold out so he was rescued. Best thing I've ever done!
scottishbluebird Posted - 10/02/2012 : 16:00:55
I am so useless with morphs, but his yellow nose is just too cute!
Starmist Posted - 10/02/2012 : 15:55:47
Thanks Bunny! I love Corno he's so cute! :)
smart bunny Posted - 10/02/2012 : 15:03:13
Looks like an anery motley to me too! Pretty snake
Starmist Posted - 10/02/2012 : 11:50:43
No I don't, I don't think it'd be able to keep him still long enough to take one! Can you tell the sex that way? I was reading a post on here the other day about someone seeing a little bit of dried blood on the shed where the vent is, does this apply just to the females? As there was some on Jakes the other day?
mkmattyk Posted - 10/02/2012 : 10:17:58
he looks more like a anery motley.... do have pics of his/her vent???
Starmist Posted - 10/02/2012 : 09:45:34
Thank you everybody! When he was a baby everyone said an anery motley which kind of agreed with the pics we'd seen. He has a lovely white belly and in the last 6 months his beautiful yellow markings have come round his face. And even recently the yellow nose! He's constantly on Yellow Nose Day!!!
lotabob Posted - 10/02/2012 : 01:31:37
I'd say ghost motley and a beautiful one at that. Love the patternless head except the yellowing.
Ajokocha Posted - 10/02/2012 : 01:00:07
Gorgeous snake. Loving that yellow!
Spreebok Posted - 10/02/2012 : 00:43:02
I'd guess a light anery, either way he is such a cutie, he's like a light version of my anery, have the same face and grumpy expression hehee, so cute!

Edit: Looked again and he looks like he's an Anery Motley, just noticed the clean belly :)
Mamma Posted - 09/02/2012 : 23:27:16
what a handsome little chap
EmSquem Posted - 09/02/2012 : 23:25:41
He's amazing! What morph is he? Sometimes you can tell the sex by the length of their tail but you'd need someone experienced - it's not a good thing to go by. Or you could get him probed.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000