The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 RIP Cherry

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Thante Posted - 09/01/2012 : 23:01:11
Sadly my little Cherry had to be put down today.

for the last few months she has been fighting with a strange lump in her neck, we tried a lot of different treatments (one of which i had to inject her for a month!) , none of which had a lasting effect. The lump turned out to be a tumour, this is what we now know caused the eye problem last year, which resulted in her eye being removed. It is suspected that removing the eye reduced the problem temporarily, but with a year to grow it retuned.
The tumour sat on the left side of her jaw at the back of her mouth spreading across the top of her jaw and down her neck a few inch's. Although on the outside it was a small lump, inside it blocked off most of her throat. This meant that she was starting to struggle when feeding unable to move that side of her mouth.

as the first corn i owed i will miss her a lot.

20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Newbie Posted - 12/01/2012 : 17:18:00
So sorry to hear about Cherry, she was a lovely looking corn and sounds like a sweetheart, my thoughts are with you at this sad time x
smart bunny Posted - 10/01/2012 : 20:01:53
So sorry for your loss
Katie.Dublin Posted - 10/01/2012 : 19:25:50
:( sad news. She went through a lot!
Hissyfit Posted - 10/01/2012 : 18:05:59
So sorry to hear about Cherry. She was a very lucky snake to have had such a caring owner, you did the best you could for her and gave her a great life. RIP Cherry
Okeetee Mick Posted - 10/01/2012 : 17:20:07
Sorry to hear your sad news
paulie78 Posted - 10/01/2012 : 16:52:23
RIP Cherry sorry for your loss
stuart619 Posted - 10/01/2012 : 16:32:31
RIP Cherry. Really sorry to hear about her
Kath Posted - 10/01/2012 : 15:20:26
Sounds like u did best for her Thante & she didn't suffer.
Thante Posted - 10/01/2012 : 14:59:20
Thank you so much everyone for your kind words. I think this is the first time i have ever cried reeding replies on a forum!!

She was only young but i do feel that i did the best i could for her, If it had been possible to remove the tumour i would have gone ahead and had it done but it was way too extensive, I believe that me and the vets did everything we could. Thankfully as a tumour it has no chance of effecting my other snake, as the vet thinks it was something she was born with.
I think the part i feel worst about is that she was very healthy apart from the giant tumour, day to day it didn't effect her, and i don't think it hurt her. But i couldn't keep her alive knowing that she was unable to feed and would eventually starve to death. It would have been cruel.
Cherry has been Buried in my friends back garden along side his hamster who died the same day. Ironic that she is being buried with a rodent.

Feels odd looking over at her empty tank!
Spreebok Posted - 10/01/2012 : 13:53:04
I'm genuinely sad to hear this, as out of all the cornsnakes on this forum, Cherry is one that I've always remembered since the 1st day I joined. I'm terribly sorry for your loss, but as others have said, you have done everything you could for her, much more than some people would, and she would have been genuinely grateful :)
lotabob Posted - 10/01/2012 : 12:56:55
Sorry for your loss.
Toki Posted - 10/01/2012 : 12:48:54
So so sorry for hear this news.

RIP Cherry xxxxx
Emmy1 Posted - 10/01/2012 : 11:54:42
So sad, Thante! She looked in beautiful condition, despite the illness. It's always a sad time, but I hope you can pull strength from the reassurance that you did all that you could as her owner. Thinking of you x
Kath Posted - 10/01/2012 : 10:33:38
So sorry to hear about Cherry Thante. How old was she? She was a beauty. Hope ur ok. RIP Cherry U did everything u could for her & she would have been grateful.
manda88 Posted - 10/01/2012 : 09:41:39
I'm so sorry to hear this She was a beautiful snake, I'm tearing up just looking at your pics! RIP Cherry xxx
ScalySituation Posted - 10/01/2012 : 09:27:24
sad news x
Hate to think about losing sonny
Sleep tight cherry x
nusnakemum Posted - 10/01/2012 : 09:05:37
sad news, r.i.p. Cherry x
Mort13 Posted - 10/01/2012 : 08:12:34
Aw no,not Cherry I'm so so sorry its had to come to this for you,I had to make the same decision myself last week so I know how you are hurting. You did everything humanly possible for her,and she wouldn't have had half the life she had without you as an owner.
I really do hope you feel proud of yourself for everything you've done for her,and for making that last hardest decision of all. She was very lucky to have had you as her owner.

R.I.P Cherry xx Big hugs sent your way too xx
Ajokocha Posted - 10/01/2012 : 01:39:58
That's so sad :(. Sounds like she had a great owner though!
scottishbluebird Posted - 10/01/2012 : 01:28:02
so so sorry xxx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000