The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 new to the forum

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sonnyandstuart Posted - 12/11/2011 : 20:46:12
hi people
new to the forum ive been looking for a while really enjoy looking on here so i thought i would join and show my stuart:) hes my first snake and i love him to bits hes so tame, hes 1 year 4 months weighs 90 grams and approx 2.5-3 feet in length, hes a few pictures taken on my phone unfortunatly, also i would like to ask is this a regular thing for a corn snake to eat out of the owners hand? my local pet shop owner was amazed and said its unheard of. i was proud to say the least

this was before shedding so he looks a little bit dark

20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
EmSquem Posted - 16/11/2011 : 16:29:00
wow amazing! Mine have never hand-fed but that might be something to try!
sonnyandstuart Posted - 14/11/2011 : 20:23:35
im considering breeding, would i have to stick to mating to normals or can i use any other type:)
SheWolfey Posted - 14/11/2011 : 19:25:54
Welcome, and cute snake.
It never crossed my mind that people fed their snakes in their hands.
sonnyandstuart Posted - 14/11/2011 : 15:34:21
Going to use up the last of my fuzzys then move him onto small mice, I feed him two fuzzys anyway
manda88 Posted - 14/11/2011 : 10:17:57
Welcome to the forum your snake is beautiful! Really lovely thick borders!
A few of my snakes have fed on my hand but I don't do it a lot, because as someone has already mentioned, I don't want them to associate being handled with being fed
90g for a snake his age sounds fine, perhaps a little on the small side but it depends on the growth rate of the snake as they're all different. He looks as though he can handle much bigger prey items than the fuzzy you've given him in the first pic, try him with a small mouse and see how he gets on
sonnyandstuart Posted - 13/11/2011 : 22:28:20
well i bought him sept 16th last year the pet shop said he hatched 12th july so yeah 1 year 4 months. tbh the pictures make him look smaller does 90 grams sound about right?
Ryan_q8 Posted - 13/11/2011 : 21:48:35
welcome mate, sure he is 1 year 4months he seems younger well done on the feeding!
sonnyandstuart Posted - 13/11/2011 : 21:46:46
thanks i cant belive how positive and welcoming this forum is! ill be around along time i think:) if only he new about all these comments lol. tbh he just sat there looking at me after the second fuzzy. was bothered by being in my hands at all. thanks again everyone!
Emmy1 Posted - 13/11/2011 : 21:22:59
He has great colouring!

It is heard of to hand feed snakes, but mine are so greedy I'd never feed whilst handling as I know for a fact that both would then try and demolish my hands during other handling sessions. Plus, I'd be scared to move them awkwardly whilst they are trying to swallow and digest their food.
Hissyfit Posted - 13/11/2011 : 20:10:11
He's lovely, and the pics are great
garrie Posted - 13/11/2011 : 18:50:41
Lovely looker
sonnyandstuart Posted - 13/11/2011 : 16:54:14
Thanks everyone!
Okeetee Mick Posted - 13/11/2011 : 15:50:36
Hello and welcome, lovely snake, for me it's a normal
jonoandapril Posted - 13/11/2011 : 14:04:17
my wife feeds both her corn and her carpet in her hand... not my idea of enjoying the feeding process lol.
nice snakey!
LarkaDawg Posted - 13/11/2011 : 13:01:12
Hiya and welcome, my male ate out of my hand too last time I fed him. Had the mouse already down and he grabbed it while I was putting him into his tub lol!

Must say, your snake is lovely!
tordyjo Posted - 13/11/2011 : 12:46:19
he's lovely and hi
gmac Posted - 13/11/2011 : 12:02:23
Its not unheard of corns eating from hands, corns infact most snakes will take food wherever they can get it being opportunistic feeders, even if its on the owners hands. Personally is not something i would recommend as the snake ma then associate handling with feeding and be in food mode when being handled.

There are photos in here somewhere of snakes eating from hands.
Toki Posted - 13/11/2011 : 11:15:19
I'm not really good good with morphs so i'm not sure .... but fab pics :) He's lovely!
Mort13 Posted - 13/11/2011 : 09:36:57
I wouldn't like to say for sure what he is,he's lovely though I've had a few of mine feed in my hand too,its a weird feeling when the mouse is being pushed along isn't it.
Mamma Posted - 13/11/2011 : 09:23:16
Hiya

Heres an okeetee: http://iansvivarium.com/morphs/species/elaphe_guttata/okeetee/ compared to a carolina: http://iansvivarium.com/morphs/species/elaphe_guttata/normal/

It is said that the Christmas gene shows more color than most of the other hypo forms with lots of green and red highlights. But I have never seen one. And I see no green in yours. So no idea. But someone will correct me if I am wrong xx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000