The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 New corn! :) Is she an Ultra?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Toki Posted - 12/11/2011 : 18:26:46
Hey all,

Picked up a cornsnake in the week, got a few pics of her. Had her from someone that couldn't afford to keep her anymore and weren't keeping her very well.

She's missing the end of her tail - apparently lost in a bad shed - i'm not sure if that's possible. But there is a weirdness about her tail, it looks damaged sort of like it's been crushed. It doesn't seem to bother her a lot. She had no heat guard on her bulb either.

She's 18 months old but she seems pretty big for her age. The person said they were feeding her a fuzzy every 2 - 3 days. Sometimes 2 in one go.

We couldn't leave her where she was knowing about her - we may rehome her if she improves, that was orginial plan anyway ...although she is slowly winning our hearts, she is a quirky little thing and is so so so gentle.

Also ... we were told she is an ultra corn. I'm not really up on my morphs so here's a few pics below I got before leaving her to settle after she'd fed, can you let me know if she is?

I'll try and get more of her tail soon to see what people think.

I'm not sure whether to lower her food - i'll try and weigh her soon.

Hope you like her - we're certainly falling for her :)

Her tail looks ok in this pics, but i'll try and get more when she settles.

20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Toki Posted - 17/11/2011 : 13:05:39
Thanks all :)

Will keep you updated on her progress. I hope she comes out of her shell soon!
EmSquem Posted - 16/11/2011 : 16:17:32
Wow, what a cutie! So glad you took her in
Simmy_82 Posted - 16/11/2011 : 09:28:03
Then i'd go for Aayla. In memory of Jango and to plase the OH
Toki Posted - 16/11/2011 : 09:22:31
The other half has only just got me watching star wars films! I am learning! lol.

Wookie just sounds more male to me too.

Her name at the minute is Sydney - the name she come to us with. I keep calling her "squids" or "squidney".

We had a chameleon, star wars inspired name of Jango. I called him "Jingle" .... drives the OH maaad ... I can't help it.
Simmy_82 Posted - 16/11/2011 : 08:27:14
Wookie is a race remember. So it can be male or female

However Ayla is double a

Aayla Secura - Which by the way is also a fitting name with her Twi'lek snake tail hair do.
Toki Posted - 15/11/2011 : 18:25:41
Haha! Like it!
As we've been told it's a girl ... Keeping with star wars references ..... Ayla? Maybe.
Simmy_82 Posted - 15/11/2011 : 14:18:47
What about the name Wookie? As he is smiling whilst eating a fuzzy....

Star Wars Geek Quote: "Laugh it up Fuzzball"...
Toki Posted - 15/11/2011 : 13:23:04
Hahaha if we keep her then we need a good name

I love the one with the fuzzy leg sticking out ... kinda like it's going nooooooooooooooo!

lol I feel mean now!
Hissyfit Posted - 15/11/2011 : 09:36:45
She's so pretty, and great feeding pics! I'd have to keep her, always room for another one
garrie Posted - 15/11/2011 : 09:18:30
Haha! Love the shot where the mouse paw is hanging out of her mouth, kinda waving goodbye to the world.

I'm sure you will find space...you have to really
Toki Posted - 15/11/2011 : 09:00:38
Tee hee thanks she is lovely.

I know, we want to keep her, trying to realistically think do we have the room, time and money for her. Can we afford a bigger viv etc when the time comes?
We'll make our minds up soon.

I am leaning towards keeping lol.
Mort13 Posted - 14/11/2011 : 22:20:33
She is lovely. You should keep her!
I can't see you having an issue feeding her smalls looking at the size of the fuzzies next to her.
Emmy1 Posted - 14/11/2011 : 19:33:10
Great feeding photos! That last one is great! So so cute!
Toki Posted - 14/11/2011 : 18:00:04
More of her :)

Each fuzzy was gone in 20 seconds ... no lie ...

fuzzy two!

This is her tail ...

Now it doesn't look too bad here, but the tips gone ... and it doesn't move right. It sort of spazms and doesnt follow her the way it should .... if i'm making sense.

So cute =)
Toki Posted - 13/11/2011 : 20:53:27
Thanks all

She is lovely. Had a feed today and she was skittish when we were getting her out but find once out of the viv. We'll leave her alone now until the weekend I think.

I know ... we're finding the decision tough about whether to rehome her. We weren't planning on having another snake for a long time and she'd she make a fantastic pet for someone that could care for her. She is so lovely though ... it's really hard to decide.

Got some more pics of her tail earlier, will post in a bit!
Hissyfit Posted - 13/11/2011 : 19:58:39
Lovely girl! So pleased she has a new home
smart bunny Posted - 13/11/2011 : 19:31:25
Oh wow, she's gorgeous! So glad you rescued her.
garrie Posted - 13/11/2011 : 18:55:51
She is a very pretty girl
jonoandapril Posted - 13/11/2011 : 14:07:33
v.nice! id find it hard to re-home her, be to tempted to keep her on as a perminant member lol
Toki Posted - 13/11/2011 : 11:12:10
Thanks guys

Aww cool. She is a pretty girl! Very shy though, hardly seen her out, even on evenings or mornings. She has been out though, there's tunnels a plenty and her aspens gone flat. She might be more of a nocturnal girl. Or as she's used to very loud kids and faces at the glass from her other home also, could be why.

I know! Yeah i asked and she'd taken two at a time before, so i'll keep her on fuzzys so it's not such a big change this week, then i'll try her on a small next weekend

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000