The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Yum Yum Maizie Says!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kez Posted - 01/11/2011 : 21:31:05
Dinner time again tonight.

Bless her, she constricted for the first time tonight and after giving mousey a lil 'quiver' Maizie went completely still. OMG, I thought I'd killed her, hit her head on the bottom of the feed box or something her jaw was on the wonk and she wasn't moving at all, m'head almost popped off from the blood pressure rising. Hubby was like, she's just constricting and I'm shouting I've killed her, I've killed her . Needless to say, after what seemed to be about 5 mins, but was probably only 1 or 2, she started to 'come back to life' and I could feel my blood pressure starting to drop again and I almost cried lol

Anyway, here are a few pics of said little miss, although she seems to have something stuck between her teeth

Going

Going

Almost Gone

Yay, gone!

Hi, meet my belly bulge!

Errrrr, Mum, switch the light off please, it's bedtime!
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mort13 Posted - 03/11/2011 : 08:10:09
It will get easier to watch and the panic attacks will lessen lol! I'm with you on the thought of anything happening to them though,I'd be heartbroken.
One of the reasons I plan on breeding Falcor is because he's my baby and I can't bear the thought of being without him,if I kept one of his offspring though I'll always have a part of him with me....sad I know!
Kez Posted - 02/11/2011 : 13:58:50
I definitely know what to expect next time Dan. I think because the mousey had been in the hot water for a bit longer this time (albeit inside a small sandwich bag), she probably thought mousey was more alive than previous din-dins and so in turn decided to constrict and scare Mummy

Roll on next week lol.
Dancross0 Posted - 02/11/2011 : 13:35:17
Great pics!

And yes, they do go very still when they constrict. I don't know if they are trying to work out whether their food is dead (yes!), or if it's just a natural thing. At least you know what to look for next time!
Kez Posted - 02/11/2011 : 13:30:37
sbb & Mamma, you big meanies lol, now I think back I feel really stupid, but I think it must have just been the angle that I was looking at her. She just looked stone dead!! She didn't even flinch when I gently moved one of her coils lol which caused even more panic

Thanks Kath & Mort, at least you both feel my pain hehe. I'm so attached to Maizie now that the thought of her dying is unbearable, so to consider that she'd died by my hand made my fears ten times worse at least I know a bit more of what to expect next time eh! I'm used to seeing these big pythons/boas/anacondas on the TV constricting and you can tell they're still alive because they're quite often moving their head over the prey and moving their coils (not to mention that they wouldn't be showing it on the TV if they were dead lmao)

Thanks all for your lovely comments and support (!)
Mort13 Posted - 02/11/2011 : 11:21:16
Brilliant pics. These snakes don't half bring the worry wort out in us don't they lol!
garrie Posted - 02/11/2011 : 10:53:17
Greats pics , beautiful Maizie - and i'm with others on pic 2
Hissyfit Posted - 02/11/2011 : 10:13:11
Great pics! She's lovely
Casta Posted - 02/11/2011 : 09:56:24
one day i will see casta constrict and eat. eventually she'll let me see. maybe i should stop putting a kitchen roll tube in her rub... brilliant photo's kez, does she know she swallows with her mouth open?
Kath Posted - 02/11/2011 : 09:46:41
Fab photos Kez, u sound just like me, panicking over everything! I couldn't watch Cornelius's 1st feed with us because I was frightened pinky would get stuck or he'd choke or summat!!
Mamma Posted - 02/11/2011 : 08:40:41
I too giggled! Sorry! Fab photos xx
c00ki3z Posted - 02/11/2011 : 00:32:40
Pic 2 is fab, she looks so cute and happy :)
scottishbluebird Posted - 01/11/2011 : 23:46:33
Fab pics and sorry i laughed at your distress
polarchick Posted - 01/11/2011 : 22:29:19
Love pic no 2 with her lopsided mouth!
Becky_Ben Posted - 01/11/2011 : 22:19:13
Awws bless :)
nusnakemum Posted - 01/11/2011 : 21:36:32
aaaawwww very cute

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000