The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Question please re photos

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ozziesmum Posted - 30/10/2011 : 12:38:06
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me why it is that by the time I've transfered my photos from my camera to iPhoto to photobucket to the forum Rhubarbs has changed from a rich vibrant colour to a wishy washy ginger, it does the same with Custard but it's not so noticeable with her being a snow, is it because each time they're moved it weakens the colour and if so is there anything I can do to stop it happening.

Many thanks.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ozziesmum Posted - 02/11/2011 : 21:17:24
Hi Auld Baldy, thanks for the reply, I've checked on iPhoto and yes it is already ticked I don't have any software for the camera as I bought it off ebay and I am running Snow Leopard.
Auld Baldy Posted - 02/11/2011 : 20:54:31
Jane. It sounds like a Colour Management problem and there is no colour profile being assigned to the image. This will create havoc when transfering between different applications, browsers or even viewing on different monitors. Loading direct to PhotoBucket will probably assign its own generic (wrong) profile.

Open the iPhoto Preferences > Advanced tab and check that "Embed ColorSync Profile" is ticked.
Copy the images from the camera into iPhoto. You can make this the default action when you plug in the camera.

Is there a control panel for your camera? Was there any software which you installed when you got the camera? Do you have PhotoShop? Which Mac OS are you using, Leopard, Snow Leopard or Lion?

Stuff Safari and use FireFox instead. I'm a long time Mac-ite and gave up on Safari a long time ago.
ozziesmum Posted - 02/11/2011 : 19:52:38
Hi Kehhlyr, right I've tried it using Firefox and downloading the photos direct via the usb cable to photobucket and exactly the same thing has happened, I've taken screenshots of the same photo one directly from the usb connection and another one after if has been downloaded to PB via the usb cable as a comparison and PB has drained the colour again. I'll attach them to an email and send them to you if that's ok with you.

Kehhlyr Posted - 02/11/2011 : 04:07:54
Yup, firefox is a good little browser.
If you get the AdBlockplus addon as well, then you can also say goodbye to all the irritating adverts that appear on loads of websites as well.
Think that also works on chrome as well, but chrome is still buggy.
ozziesmum Posted - 31/10/2011 : 09:11:38
Thanks again Kehhlyr, is Firefox a suitable browser?.
Kehhlyr Posted - 30/10/2011 : 22:43:52
I'd also consider trying a different browser than safari to upload photos.
My drink addled (also very old memory) is telling me something about issues that safari used to have regarding photos, something to do with them either not being able to sort photos properly, or them doing it to well with an RGB based colour palatte.
ozziesmum Posted - 30/10/2011 : 15:17:34
Thanks Kehhlyr yes it's a mac with safari so I will from now on forget about iPhoto and download straight from the camera I tried camera to forum but that doesn't work. Once again many thanks.
Kehhlyr Posted - 30/10/2011 : 14:10:50
Are you using a mac or PC??
If it's a mac and Safari is the browser, then there's your problem.

Seriously though, try removing as many of the steps as possible, so totally disregard iphoto.
Your camera should support something like "usb disc mode", so just plug it in then open up photobucket and browse to the photo and hit upload.
Make sure you have the settings changed in photobucket to re-size pics to 800x600 as well, otherwise you'll end up posting image on here that are mahoosive.
ozziesmum Posted - 30/10/2011 : 13:26:31
Thank you for the reply Simmy 82, I also thought of that so I dragged one of the photos directly from iPhoto onto the desktop and then put it beside the same photo I put in the topic on here and the colours are totally different so it can't be the res on the laptop.
Simmy_82 Posted - 30/10/2011 : 12:59:32
At a guess it'll be the resolution and colouring from your monitor compared to how it looks in reality and on your phone?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000