The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 New Karuza Pics (pic heavy)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Aegis Posted - 07/09/2011 : 21:43:23
Well my little lady is doing perfectly! Few minor blips with finding a decent feeding routine with her, she is on 2 small mice a week until i run out. Then moving on to medium mice.

Tonight i had a laugh though! After i fed her in the Rub, i moved my food, she struck at it and everytime i moved beside her, she tried to strike me through the rub! Silly snake! <3 her loads though!

Here are some pics of her eating dinner tonight! Enjoy :) Also just to add, had to put lid on the Rub for 2nd mouse, she kept striking out of it lol

13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
scottishbluebird Posted - 09/09/2011 : 19:08:01
She is stunning, did she escape the previous owner and they did a bad tape trap?
Mort13 Posted - 09/09/2011 : 18:38:38
I'd agree you're doing something right. She's looking great.
Aegis Posted - 09/09/2011 : 11:39:30
Thanks everyone! She really is my little bundle of pride and joy. She has calmed down so much since coming here, handled daily (unless feeding and after) and she is eating well! I will be trying medium mice very soon, and gradually will move her up when she gets more confident with a larger mouse!

Her weight is being monitored closely. Probably too often, but it cant hurt! She is at 551g right now, she was under 500g when she came to me. So i dare say i must be doing something right!

thanks again for the lovely comments :)
Mort13 Posted - 08/09/2011 : 23:40:38
She's looking fab and looks like she enjoyed dinner time too. Shame she's got an issue due to something thats happened early on,but its great to see it hasn't affected her,she's a beaut!
kdlang Posted - 08/09/2011 : 23:23:48
She is gorgeous. I'm glad she has eaten well for you and you are now confident in what you are feeding her. One of mine is on large fuzzies/small smalls when really he should be eating mediums. He just wont eat anything bigger. Sometimes he wont eat multiples either so he really keeps me guessing. I wouldn't worry too much about what size mouse you are feeding as long as she is eating and putting on weight.
shaunb Posted - 08/09/2011 : 10:42:48
she is gorgeous and it's great she has you to take care of her
garrie Posted - 08/09/2011 : 10:28:34
She is beautiful - such a shame about her slight health problem, but good to know your taking good care of her
Aegis Posted - 08/09/2011 : 10:24:32
Thanks, im happy with her progress :o) She is my little star!
thistle Posted - 07/09/2011 : 23:17:20
She is beautiful, glad she's eating so well.
fluffycorn Posted - 07/09/2011 : 23:03:16
she is gorgeous
Aegis Posted - 07/09/2011 : 21:54:46
quote:
Originally posted by meggi

hi Aegis, how many small mice have u got left, as from the pictures it doesnt look those mice are nearly big enough for him :L x

Hi, i only have a small handful left, i havent had her that long, so when i bought her i was told she cant handle bigger mice due to a twist/fold because of a duct tape incident when she was wee. Thats why im feeding her 2 mice per week.

Sorry edit - in the last photo, you can slightly see the problem im talkin about, do you see the dip down her belly? Its folded in.
Mamma Posted - 07/09/2011 : 21:52:28
shes so pretty
meggi Posted - 07/09/2011 : 21:48:37
hi Aegis, how many small mice have u got left, as from the pictures it doesnt look those mice are nearly big enough for him :L x

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000