The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 new corn on the block

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
nickytwotops Posted - 27/08/2011 : 10:24:12
Hi guys,
new to corns and new to forum..which is great by the way!
We have just picked up Grace, a 2 and half year old albino female which came with viv. picked her up on Friday and She'd been fed on the Wednesday. We've found what looks like some regurgitated food and don't know if it was in there before we collected her or was due to the journey. Should we feed her again now or wait a bit ? any advice please ?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
nickytwotops Posted - 30/08/2011 : 10:48:33
Cheers All, will double check the substrate and invest in a digital thermometer.. thanks for the advice
kdlang Posted - 29/08/2011 : 22:42:37
Set-up sounds ok although I would definitely get a digital thermometer to check the temperature of the heatmat. Are the wood shavings you are using a reptile substrate or the kind you can use for rodents/rabbits as some shavings can contain pine which is not good for snakies.

Regurges usually do smell pretty bad and usually are identifiable as a part or all of the mouse. If it is a regurge then you need to leave it 10 days before attempting to feed again. If you think it was probably just poo then you can feed after it has had a 7 day settling in period.
scottishbluebird Posted - 29/08/2011 : 19:24:55
Hi and welcome
tordyjo Posted - 29/08/2011 : 18:56:02
set up seems ok, i would suggest getting a digital thermometer as the dials or strips really only measure the ambient air temperature and not the temperature of the heatmat, good luck
nickytwotops Posted - 29/08/2011 : 13:38:14
Hi<
Thanks for reply, she seems settled but not showing herself much, viv is 30 x 15 x 18 inches(lxwxh)with heat mat on matstat set at 85 degrees. We have hides in warm and cool ends with wood shavings as substrate. water bowl and a few branches.. at the moment there's a strip thermometer in the warm end reading 80-84. this was already in there.

The remains found in tank didn't really smell so could be poop but never seen what it should look like so about to research..

I'm told set up seems ok but would welcome any tips/advice.

photos will follow soon !
tordyjo Posted - 27/08/2011 : 11:36:29
hi and welcome

With new snakes its best to leave them for at least a week to settle in before handling or feeding. It could have been regurge although you would tell by the smell (regurge stinks) it could have been poop, travelling can make them poop. I would wait until she's settled in before feeding so wait 7 days, it won't harm her. Can you tell us a little about your set up - temps at both cool and warm end, how your heating the viv, how your reading the temps (with a digital or dial thermometer) etc

oh and of course some pics

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000