The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Taggart back on form.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Auld Baldy Posted - 20/08/2011 : 03:06:51
Here's an update on Woody and Mirkey, both were SSPCA re-homers.
Woody is still a bit nervous but soon settles when handled. This was him settling down to dinner. Can anyone suggest whether he is a Miami, Carolina or whatever. It's not particularly important, I'm just curious. He's very similar to Taggart but has a richer, deep browny red to the saddles.

There was another topic on feeding with tweezers or not, and I just happened to take a movie of Taggart feeding today.
I'm a hand feeder as I’m more concerned that he might injure himself on the tweezers so am willing to take the chance of a tag. OK, I got a minor slap tag today because I had just handled a mouse before moving him into the restaurant. He can be a hard striker but sometimes needs a little jiggling enticement. A bit of a tug on the mouse tail also encourages him to constrict.

He had just had a clean shed but had been refusing food for several weeks and I was keen to get him to take today. As you can see, it worked eventually.

Mirkey the Mauler is turning into a *****cat. This is him modelling the latest fashion in tasteful watch straps.

Woody looking for the menu:

At the third rattle, it will be ... precisely:

Take aim, lock on, wait for it & wham-bam-thankyou ma'am:

Hope you like.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Auld Baldy Posted - 21/08/2011 : 14:10:48
Thanks guys and gals, glad you like them as much as I do. I'll go with the flow and agree on Miami. The variations in colour in some of the guide pictures seem to cross over between the Normals. I'm still a novice on the genetics, crosses and general variations within groups.

Is Control+Click on the link to the movie icon working OK for you all?
Taggart does a fine Eightsome Reel, doesn't he. I play my old Jimmy Shand records at full blast to create a bit of ambience for him at mealtimes but it drives the neighbours nuts!!

Please, someone beat me to this little hatchling charmer, Cora.
http://www.scottishspca.org/rehoming/category/others
I don't have space at the moment but am considering hanging vivs from the ceiling. Seems a waste of estate to have just a single light dangling from it.
They (SSPCA) also have Boomer the Bull Snake but will only consider a very experienced handler due to it being a bit of a beast with a temper.

@ Thistle, you spotted the connection. I was hatched and dragged up in the 'Sooside' just behind the Citizens but now live in Sunny Johnstone.
thistle Posted - 20/08/2011 : 21:01:44
They are both beautiful. I love your choice of names, particularly Taggart, though I'm biased being a Glaswegian myself. Lol.
Newbie Posted - 20/08/2011 : 20:30:57
I would go miami, both beautiful snakes! Loving the snake watch!
JackHutchy979 Posted - 20/08/2011 : 15:48:48
I would say miami, carolinas have red saddles and an orange body, yours looks more brown/red saddles and a brownish body. Just my opinion... Have you tried ians vivarium?
http://iansvivarium.com/morphs/species/elaphe_guttata/miami/

http://iansvivarium.com/morphs/species/elaphe_guttata/normal/
scottishbluebird Posted - 20/08/2011 : 14:38:10
Gorgeous!
garrie Posted - 20/08/2011 : 12:03:53
I can only see one lovely looking snake, however your watch is also stunning ;-)
tordyjo Posted - 20/08/2011 : 08:39:05
they're beautiful, looks carolina could be miami
nusnakemum Posted - 20/08/2011 : 08:36:21
i love Mirky the mauler and Woody is very handsome.
Mamma Posted - 20/08/2011 : 08:32:02
looking good
Auld Baldy Posted - 20/08/2011 : 03:20:25
Admins, the movie isn't showing. Obviously the .mov format is not supported or is it media tags?

Aha! If you Control+click on the link icon, you can select View and see the movie.

Maybe change ••••• to puddy-tat. :-)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000