The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 squeezy enjoying her viv

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
whitesmm Posted - 26/05/2011 : 17:46:42

Aint she pretty lol
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
uma and bill Posted - 27/05/2011 : 08:09:28
quote:
Originally posted by whitesmm

yes she is

I like Amels. I have a cremsicle which are similar in colours.
whitesmm Posted - 27/05/2011 : 08:05:17
yes she is
uma and bill Posted - 27/05/2011 : 07:57:54
She is lovely is she an Amel?
whitesmm Posted - 27/05/2011 : 07:18:26
well she is still a baby ;)
Invalid User Posted - 26/05/2011 : 21:28:22
Wow, that's quite small.
whitesmm Posted - 26/05/2011 : 21:23:31
its a "reptile one" 26cm x 26cm x 26cm
Invalid User Posted - 26/05/2011 : 21:01:47
A viv like that lol

What brand is it?

whitesmm Posted - 26/05/2011 : 20:59:44
one like what?
Invalid User Posted - 26/05/2011 : 20:52:56
Never seen one like that before!
lotabob Posted - 26/05/2011 : 20:31:28
Sorry I couldn't see any stat wires, they are prettty chunky and distinctive but good stuff you have one, they are the most essential piece of safety kit so good to know you have one. A corn snake warms itself through its belly by going and sitting on hot surfaces at dusk, the heat mat just makes it easier for them to regulate their temperature. The mat should cover a third to half of the base ideally.

The picture is sneaky, she looks so big but she's actually quite titchy, one other little bit of advice I can give is make sure your lid has no gaps (not even 1mm) anywhere and if you can clip it down or weigh it down as your foliage will give them a good stand point to push up at the lid, wouldn't want her going walkies.
tracym Posted - 26/05/2011 : 20:24:30
Is it really wrong to have the mat on the wall? I know most of you have it in the bottom but I still think as long as the temperatures are okay then its not wrong which ever way you do it, just different.
whitesmm Posted - 26/05/2011 : 20:02:39
Thanks you for the critisism, i much appreciate it. I do have a digital temp gauage at the back of the viv where it is hottest, the mat does have a stat fitted. I had problem with the whole viv getting hot when the mat was underneath as it is the same size as the base so there were not hot and cool sections. i was advised to have it this way. Am i making a major mistake here? the strip thermometer is just a little fun gauge for the kids to read. ( i dont use it )

And yes she is a beautiful little one. She got weighed today, came in at 26 grams.
lotabob Posted - 26/05/2011 : 19:40:50
I don't want to be the one that picks fault but I am going to

That heat mat would be much better underneath the tank and as with any heat source in any location it needs a thermostat. Also the strip thermometer is only reading the temperature of the glass and the dial thermometer is only reading the air temperature. The digital thermometers are better as they have probes that can be positioned to read the bits that matter (the heat mat).

Cracking looking snake you got there, and I do like the natural looking setups.
tordyjo Posted - 26/05/2011 : 17:48:43
she looks happy in there

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000