The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Another popped mouse!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Red123 Posted - 28/04/2011 : 18:55:13
Could not believe it today when Frank popped his mouse. The dark bit at the side of his mouse was, well, the insides of mousey! Taken on a phone so not very clear.

6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Red123 Posted - 30/04/2011 : 08:13:38
They were defrosted naturally laying on a piece of kitchen towel! I think part of the problem is that the item is on the small side really. I'm going to move them up but I'm not going to waist the hoppers that I have left. Think I will deffinately have to miss out smalls and maybe even mediums.
Only1Nitro Posted - 29/04/2011 : 21:46:06
In my experience they only popped when defrosted in hot water, the last time i did that my OH was holding the mouse by the tail next thing she new the mouse was on the floor she was very confused because she hadn't dropped it what had happened was the skin had home away from the muscle leaving her holding tail skin, she screamed lol
lotabob Posted - 29/04/2011 : 21:11:07
Unlucky, my Boa has constricted so hard something has given up inside and the blood started pouring out of the mouth and nose like squeezing a tube of toothpaste. Wasn't pretty but like Harriotfan says gore is to be expected when feeding very powerful predators quite delicate prey.

Allow the mouse to defrost slowly, see if that helps.
herriotfan Posted - 29/04/2011 : 20:36:28
Sometimes being a snake owners can be a bit gory
Mort13 Posted - 29/04/2011 : 09:23:00
Euww,I've not had that experience yet and I can't say as its something I'm looking forward to experiencing either!
Invalid User Posted - 28/04/2011 : 19:29:12
Ewwww!

I had to buy 10 large mouse today as my mice are not quite big enough. I was in a hurry so defrosted them in very hot water. Fed 10 snakes and not one popped thankfully :p

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000