The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Photos of my new babies

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
musical2one Posted - 18/04/2011 : 20:46:15
I am such a proud mother!!
Sweeny Todd (Hypo Bloodred)
Casper (Anery Motley)

moved -gmac
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
musical2one Posted - 19/04/2011 : 01:12:10
Hey everyone, update on Sweeny. He is looking much better. Got home today and he was moving faster and seemed a lot happier. This could have to do with the temperature, it's at 80 degrees right now because of the temperature in my condo.
lotabob Posted - 18/04/2011 : 22:02:40
You'll get there, your home temperature is OK for them while you sort out a heat mat and thermostat and thermometers so you can get the heating set up correctly. I wouldn't be worried just yet, he is small but some snakes are just small. You'll probably find he is a troublesome eater and thats why he is so small. Fingers crossed for the little guy, but still give the week to settle in, expo + moving house will have been very stressful for them both and they need a bit of time to just settle down.
musical2one Posted - 18/04/2011 : 21:33:26
Okay. Thanks ya'll. I hope Sweeny gets better. He is absolutely gorgeous, and I'll feel so bad if a corn as beautiful as him does not make it. But, I've been leaving them alone, letting them run around. It's just the heating I'm having problems with because each pad I buy does not work, so I got a heat lamp but thats too dangerous.
gmac Posted - 18/04/2011 : 21:30:32
quote:
Originally posted by Louise32

A bath in lukewarm water wouldn't do anything other than stress him I would imagine!

^^ that, i would let him settle get used to his new home and take it from there, bathing asLou has said will likely just stress your corn out.
Invalid User Posted - 18/04/2011 : 21:26:23
A bath in lukewarm water wouldn't do anything other than stress him I would imagine!
musical2one Posted - 18/04/2011 : 21:22:26
Oh, and sweeny seems good today. Last I checked he was in his hideout. He was moving around some last night. I contacted the man I bought him from and told him how frail and inactive he was and he said give him a bath in luke warm water
musical2one Posted - 18/04/2011 : 21:20:22
Yes. I just got them Saturday. But the man said Sweeny was fed Sunday of last week and Casper was fed Monday of last week. I had to order a new heating pad offline because the ones I got from the pet store never worked, so i'll get it tomorrow, and let them acclimate before I feed them...unless ya'll think I should feed Sweeny as soon as possible once I get the mat
Invalid User Posted - 18/04/2011 : 21:16:47
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

quote:

Wow, that hypo bloodred is tiny for 7 months

I thought that too, its either more like 7 days or 7 weeks or there has been a problem getting him to feed. It may be a challenge for you and a bit more work than the other one but you will form a strong bond to the weaker ones, i know I do, I've always had runts as pets and they are the best ones.

If this is the one thats causing concern I would also be worried. Bonding is all well and good if it survives. That is one tiny snake.

Do you have any feeding records for the snakes?
lotabob Posted - 18/04/2011 : 21:08:45
quote:

I thought that too, its either more like 7 days or 7 weeks or there has been a problem getting him to feed. It may be a challenge for you and a bit more work than the other one but you will form a strong bond to the weaker ones, i know I do, I've always had runts as pets and they are the best ones.
Invalid User Posted - 18/04/2011 : 20:57:31
lotabob Posted - 18/04/2011 : 20:48:33
Aww Sweeney Todd is titchy. How is he today?

Casper is beautiful lovely markings.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000