The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 this is my new tank

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ilovemypets1988 Posted - 15/02/2011 : 19:11:16

this is just to give an idea of what the tank will look like later on when its been fully converted, also yh, the light is blue, also now all of u can see the tank that ive been talking about recently aswel lol
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lrv2307 Posted - 16/02/2011 : 16:10:02
quote:
Originally posted by mina0103

my nekko is nearly 8mths old and living very happily in his faun. i will be thinking about a bigger viv when i no theres DEFFINATLY NO CHANCE of losing him, coudnt bare the thought of what might happen if he got out. i cant wait to see him in a nice big set up but only when he is ready and big enough. i know some people are keen for their snakes to get bigger but whats the rush?? he wont grow faster just because he is in a bigger viv.

when i bought morgana, she was 5 months old,( she is 8months old now) she is in a full size viv, i dont have the luxury of spare cash to buy a faun then a viv, she is fine, i have loads of hides, and loads of aspen in the cool end so she and burrow....but she spends all her time purched on her ivy round her branch lol
its never affected her, but no way i would put such a young hatchy in a big viv, i have a spare RUB for cleaning times or why not use an icecream tub with holes drilled in?
Invalid User Posted - 16/02/2011 : 15:00:43
quote:
Originally posted by ilovemypets1988

i meant that she was in there for 5 - 10 mins while i done a total clean of her faun, not actually housed in the tank put put in there as i cleaned the faun thas all

Still a bad idea imo, putting her in a huge space like that will just stress her. No point getting her used to a tank that size, she wont be ready for it for a year at least. She would be much happier and safer in a small tub while you clean out her faun!

LynneM_212 Posted - 16/02/2011 : 14:56:43
yey, atleast you could keep your eye on her, and she can slowly get used to her new home for when shes bigger then :)
ilovemypets1988 Posted - 16/02/2011 : 14:54:37
i meant that she was in there for 5 - 10 mins while i done a total clean of her faun, not actually housed in the tank put put in there as i cleaned the faun thas all
LynneM_212 Posted - 16/02/2011 : 14:49:15
Yea i agree with you both there!!!

I lvoe my little snake the size she is and im sooo excited for her to grow, but in her own time safely in her faun .... do you reckon after a faun you should move up to a rub or once they are the size in which the can fit in a run that they will be ok for a viv?? not a massive one though !!

If Kchalice escaped i dont think i'd ever see her again, as my family are not the tidiest family and we have 2 cats, a little dog and a german shepard i think one of them would kill her !!! id be sooo scared!!!
mina0103 Posted - 16/02/2011 : 14:32:39
my nekko is nearly 8mths old and living very happily in his faun. i will be thinking about a bigger viv when i no theres DEFFINATLY NO CHANCE of losing him, coudnt bare the thought of what might happen if he got out. i cant wait to see him in a nice big set up but only when he is ready and big enough. i know some people are keen for their snakes to get bigger but whats the rush?? he wont grow faster just because he is in a bigger viv.
Sta~ple Posted - 16/02/2011 : 13:52:36
quote:
Originally posted by LynneM_212

I also heard if they are in a viv too big they can go off food etc?? am i right ???

Yes, babies very much so and even some adults are like that.

I think or I hope I know what you mean, you put her in there to have a roam right with you always being there and looking and then put her back in the faun?

It is a nice looking viv but I would never put a baby permanently in a viv, not even those dinkish 2ft x 1ft ones just because of the chance of escaping although I know some people have been able to do it successfully without any escapees. Just for me I guess I really panic about loosing my snakes!
LynneM_212 Posted - 16/02/2011 : 13:39:09
Yea mine is 4-5 months old nearly and she deff would, her faun is the perfect sixe for her!!! ill deff me waiting quite a few more months for my little Kchalice to get a lot biggerand fatter :) dont fancy losing her!!
danny28490 Posted - 16/02/2011 : 11:53:32
faun for a hatchling is great easy to clean and they cant get out, why would you put a 3 week old one in a 4foot "fish" tank.... i wouldnt even put my 7month old in that yet.

lynnem212 that's right my corn is 7 month old and could fit between the glass on a viv easily.
LynneM_212 Posted - 16/02/2011 : 08:22:05
I was advised when i first brought mine, NOT to put her in a 3ft viv as they can find thier way out through the front glass, so i listened, and ive got her in a faun and its perfect for her... I also heard if they are in a viv too big they can go off food etc?? am i right ??? but it shes on 3 weeks old that tanks WAYYYY toooo big !!!! hope you dont lose her/him!!
Invalid User Posted - 16/02/2011 : 07:18:41
quote:
Originally posted by Oh How Original

quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

quote:

yh she is temporarily lou, but not permamently though

After losing one already through what I can only describe as sheer stupidity, you then put the hatchie corn in there??
Temporarily????

*Kehhlyr offers other one to pull*

I'm not sure how he/she lost the other but totally agree that this viv is waaaaaay too big for a hatchie!!

You have been offered so much good advice here and in the chat room and have been advised many times NOT to put her in that tank yet you have gone against it and put a 3 week old hatchling corn in a 4ft glass fish tank?

You love your pets?

Oh How Original Posted - 16/02/2011 : 02:38:05
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

quote:

After losing one already through what I can only describe as sheer stupidity, you then put the hatchie corn in there??
Temporarily????

I'm not sure how he/she lost the other but totally agree that this viv is waaaaaay too big for a hatchie!!
Kehhlyr Posted - 16/02/2011 : 02:08:41
quote:

Temporarily????

ilovemypets1988 Posted - 16/02/2011 : 00:33:23
Invalid User Posted - 15/02/2011 : 20:58:45
Where's your snake? Is she in the big tank?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000