The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 An Update On The Kids!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tehbunneh Posted - 05/01/2011 : 18:05:15
Got them all out for their monthly weigh and measure, and everyone is doing well! I think I may up the feed of Boa to more often, as he just doesn't seem to be getting bigger, and considering he's the same age as Dexter, he seems VERY tiny! Widget is now on small rat pups to try and up his weight, as he is still a toblerone x.x He's starting to worry me, but he's still active, and still grumpy XD Anyway, here are their measuring photos X3

Ripley; 30", 94g

Widget; 24", 44g

Dexter; 20", 23g

Boa'tata; 16", 12g

Thanks for looking ^^
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tehbunneh Posted - 05/01/2011 : 18:35:11
Thanks guys!! I'll definitely try these methods, maybe the bath as the last resort, cos he is just so untrustworthy! I find that his sheds are always rather peculiar, in that when I find it, its usually knotted into a ball, thoroughly glued together! Is that normal?
Red123 Posted - 05/01/2011 : 18:32:37
Try getting a very very damp piece of kitchen towel and just let his tail run through it when you have him out this normally loosens it and it slides off. He will need his tail to run through it several times though. OR get a glass of tepid water and place the end of his tail in it while you are holding him. Try and keep it in the water for a few minutes, remove tail and let the tail pass through some damp kitchen towel. Have found both of these methods work. :)
lrv2307 Posted - 05/01/2011 : 18:30:03
aaww they all lookin gorgeous
not sure about the retained shed, apart from a shallow bath and a gental rub in a towel, (which i think any grumpy fella enjoys) lol
tehbunneh Posted - 05/01/2011 : 18:07:10
Meant to add, Widget has retained some shed (they all recently shed, can you tell? XD) on his tail tip, and I was wondering if there is any 'best way' to get it off? I'm worried about giving him a bath, as I fear he's so aggressive already, I don't want him to lose all trust in me.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000