The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 making jewelery out of sheds

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Thante Posted - 18/10/2010 : 15:56:35
There have been i few posts about how people preserve there snakes shed skin. I've mentioned before how i set some of Cherry's skin in resin and create jewelery.
I've finally managed to upload some pictures to show you.

The ring is the only finished item i have, and sadly i have dropped it since making it so there is now a very annoying very visible crack running straight through it.

The mold was made using Plasticine, and the resin poured in over 3 layers. Then a good few nights sanding it down.

I'm now working on a pendant of her head. This one isn't going quite as well, because there where a couple of bubbles that became trapped under the shed.
Its about halfway through sanding so still looking a little rough.

front

back

just so you get an idea of its size.

(hope the photos aren't too big)
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 24/10/2010 : 19:00:43
THANTE, that's a brilliant idea! I really think you're on to something...the ring is beautiful. Well done!
Sta~ple Posted - 23/10/2010 : 23:17:04
A step by step guide would be awesome! I might actually get a nice ring that actually fits then haha XD
Thante Posted - 20/10/2010 : 23:30:29
quote:
Originally posted by deedee71

i love the jewellery,

where do you buy the resin?

dee x x

I bought mine from a company called Trylon. the type i use is called shallowcast resin, but you have to buy the catalyst as well or the resin will not set.
Here is a link to the website and the page with the prices and such on.

http://www.trylon.co.uk/products/clearcasting.htm
n/a Posted - 20/10/2010 : 13:56:04
i love the jewellery,

where do you buy the resin?

dee x x
rachiepotatoe Posted - 19/10/2010 : 20:57:34
wow! this is so original and cool!
you should start selling them! haha :D
mrsT Posted - 19/10/2010 : 17:06:42
Wow what a cool idea!look forward to seeing the pendant when its finished
Thante Posted - 19/10/2010 : 16:58:05
Sta~ple - Yeah i have thought about starting to sell them, telling people that if they post me the skin i will make the ring. But it was just chance that this one fit me :P not sure how easy it would be to do order wise. That and its stupidly time consuming. I like the idea though.

HannahB - yep thats me haha. i have also done leaves, feathers, moths, wasps, Beatles and little layers of paper cut into tinny tinny pictures .... like trains .... and monsters haha.

hiper2009 - Good idea, next time i make one i will take step buy step photos for people, and post up a link where my can buy the stuff.
hiper2009 Posted - 19/10/2010 : 15:38:18
Sounds very intresting you will have to make a video or a step by step guide of how you do it.
HannahB Posted - 19/10/2010 : 15:18:14
ooh that is so cool!
i love that kinda thing - is it you thante who made resin things with bird wings in or have i confused you with someone else?
Figs Posted - 19/10/2010 : 09:52:50
Ooooh!
Very cool

I might have to do something with my box full of skin now...
Sta~ple Posted - 19/10/2010 : 00:07:16
I love the ring! I hope you will be making more ans selling and that they will fit my child-like hands!
drchino Posted - 18/10/2010 : 23:18:02
wow they look great, well interesting! Has got me thinking... no idea what about though!!
Tiffany-x Posted - 18/10/2010 : 18:11:37
The ring looks amazing and Im sure the pendant will too when you have finished! Thats cool, I so wish I was creative. :(
Tiffany-x
Sika Posted - 18/10/2010 : 16:15:39
It looks great - very interesting :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000