The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 new pair of corns

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
eeji Posted - 10/10/2010 : 21:41:17
this is my new pair of corns who are part of the start of my mega-project (Pied Sided Sunkissed Fire Stripe).........

Female - amel het sunkissed, diffused:

Male - normal het sunkissed, diffused, and amel or ultra:

(quick snap shots before going into their new tubs )

***photos corrected by GP***
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
scotsman Posted - 29/11/2010 : 22:03:19
Good to hear mate, I tried my best ;)
eeji Posted - 29/11/2010 : 22:00:26
quote:
Originally posted by scotsman

Hey Eeji,
nice looking snakes ;) Did the breeder have luck this year??????

i believe he had a bit of luck on the sunkissed projects

These are doing really well, and have started striking and coiling around their dinner :D
scotsman Posted - 29/11/2010 : 20:59:49
Hey Eeji,
nice looking snakes ;) Did the breeder have luck this year??????
Tiffany-x Posted - 29/11/2010 : 19:33:37
Here is a little about stargazing: http://iansvivarium.com/morphguide/stargazer/ If you watch the videos you will see its quite sad, and quite clearly can make life a tad difficult for the poor snake, but luckily it is genetic so providing good stock is used for breeding it can be avoided, but obviously this is difficult because it is a heterozygous gene mutation meaning that it can be carried without it being noticable, which is obviously a great shame.
Tiffany-x
n/a Posted - 29/11/2010 : 18:04:43
they are both lovely. is it hard to breed corn snakes then?
n/a Posted - 29/11/2010 : 15:16:29
They are lovely & good luck with the breeding project
Invalid User Posted - 26/11/2010 : 07:50:44
Lovely snakes.

Good luck with the project.

Can I ask, as I'm still a newbie.....what's stargazing? (ooo, I hope that's not a really stupid question!)
eeji Posted - 11/10/2010 : 23:31:18
i hope so! :D
gmac Posted - 11/10/2010 : 23:10:12
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

thanks all, and ta GP for fixing the pics :)

as for how long the 5 trait jackpot will take, i've not worked it out yet because the sunkissed and diffused parts are all relying on hets so I need to get lucky with the morph gods :)

If you are as lucky with the morph gods as the breeder was this year, wont take you long at all
eeji Posted - 11/10/2010 : 23:07:45
thanks all, and ta GP for fixing the pics :)

Yes, these are the babies from Germany :) Their parents will be tested by the breeder so that will confirm whether they are het gazers or not.

I also have another two projects containing sunkissed (those came from the Netherlands) which will be tested for stargazing too before any babies are sold.

It will put me back a few years, but stargazing is too big a thing to ignore and I want to be sure any sunkissed lines I sell babies from are clear.

as for how long the 5 trait jackpot will take, i've not worked it out yet because the sunkissed and diffused parts are all relying on hets so I need to get lucky with the morph gods :)
drchino Posted - 11/10/2010 : 13:07:15
Gorgeous :D
n/a Posted - 11/10/2010 : 12:50:14
quote:
Originally posted by eeji
imagine a bright bright orange corn with as little pattern as possible, then add some splashes of pure white to the sides......

That sounds beautiful! I want one of those!!!! Also love the pic's of your two little ones here!
DannyBrown91 Posted - 11/10/2010 : 12:06:17
Good luck with the project eeji, im sure we'll be seeing some stunning snakes in the future.
kdlang Posted - 11/10/2010 : 11:40:38
sounds like a fabulous project. Those are two gorgeous snakies on their own but what you describe your end result to be sounds fantastic.
gingerpony Posted - 11/10/2010 : 10:41:57
re-jigged the pics eeji so they're correctly labelled hun

sounds a great project
mikeyd_26 Posted - 11/10/2010 : 02:18:15
there some funky snakes! are they the germans? for project orange?!!! lol
what are you aiming for? pure orange snakes hopefully pied sided? (like a bloodred stripe but orange? lol!) sorry thats as far as my knowledge and explanation goes, but sounds awsum if thats the case!
I WANT ONE :]
Thante Posted - 11/10/2010 : 01:22:00
good luck, even if you don't get what your looking for those two would create some beautiful offspring.
I've been reeding a bit about stargazer cornsnakes, do you know that your two are free of the gene? its more common in snakes with the sunkissed trait.
just wondering as i'd love a sunkissed but don't really want one that is a carrier, and i'm not sure how you can find out if they are or not.
crazy JJ Posted - 10/10/2010 : 23:38:46
veeerrrryy nice.. goood luck with your project there :D
Mort13 Posted - 10/10/2010 : 22:55:41
Sounds beautiful. That would be a truely strking snake!
HannahB Posted - 10/10/2010 : 22:51:07
very nice ian
good luck with the project..how long you think it will take you???

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000