The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 My little Family

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 17/08/2010 : 20:41:58
I'll start off with a pic of me and my children, its always nice to put a face to a name!

This is Thursday my Female Snow:

This is Monday my Bloodred (he looks darker in real life):

This is Sunday my Royal:

And finally... BJ my Columbian Red Tail Boa:

Bella just looked at me very unhappy as I didnt get a pic of her... so I found an old one, she on the left:

18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 21/08/2010 : 12:27:18
Yeah there is a lock on the royals viv but I took it off while I was cleaning her viv before I took pics :)
pastie Posted - 20/08/2010 : 08:41:56
awesome pics no lock on the royals viv?:P hope the kids dont try climbing your setup:) love the BCI :D
Kehhlyr Posted - 19/08/2010 : 18:27:29
quote:
Originally posted by clintham

.....she keeps saying 'how many people on the forums have a snake along with 2 children and a dog?' then i saw your pics. any advice?

It's not actually that hard, try slinging an 85 year old dementia and alzeimers sufferer into the mix and it still isn't hard.

I actually find that the snakes can entertain the kids quite often as well, one of my grandchildren has loved my snakes since she was about 2 (she's 5 now), the next one down (2) loves my snakes whenever he comes round I'm forced to bring those 2 up to see the snakes and they're quiet for an hour.
I think that they're actually a brilliant addition to any family, purely for their ease to keep, and the unusualness of them.
Show and tell and the kids school is superb.
clintham Posted - 19/08/2010 : 12:33:29
thanks for the quick reply - thats really useful information. i have ALOT of respect for single mums, its hard enough with a partner.
great pictures too
crazy JJ Posted - 19/08/2010 : 12:33:08
nice lil collection u have there :)
n/a Posted - 19/08/2010 : 12:17:07
Hi clintham... personally, I like to keep busy so I dont find it a problem. Im a single mum to a 4yr old and 19 month old but I have a cat and 4 snakes too... and somehow I still manage to get bored some days haha! I find the snakes quite easy to look after but I do check on them constantly to make sure there temps are ok etc. as Im a worrier! I get them all out to play for about 10 mins each every night (apart from feed days etc) and they love it.

HannaB... yes I do plan on getting one for each day of the week hehe! I am a snake addict Im afraid! Im trying to decide what I want my next baby to be... tempted to go for another royal but not 100% sure yet. I dont want a big snake, something up to 5-6ft max, just trying to decide what haha!
clintham Posted - 19/08/2010 : 09:46:59
sorry to hijack your thread a little! and great photo's btw.

but how do you find it with all those pets and 2 children? busy? my wife is currently pregnant with our second baby and is apprehensive about me getting a snake due to the extra responsibility/time. our first child is 17 months old.

im pretty sure i would be fine with a snake but she is taking some convincing! we currently have a black labrador (2 years old) called gorman. now he is a bit more demanding as i do all the walking etc. i know theres no way i could cope with another dog but a snake is much less demanding.

she keeps saying 'how many people on the forums have a snake along with 2 children and a dog?' then i saw your pics. any advice?
HannahB Posted - 19/08/2010 : 09:33:23
love the names!
i had a friend called tuesday at my old job..
so you planning on getting one snake for every day of the week?
IncurableFlirt Posted - 19/08/2010 : 02:37:25
Adorable kids! Love your snake collection, too. Your Red Tail is awesome. Great pictures all around and nice setups too. Welcome to the forum!
n/a Posted - 18/08/2010 : 14:32:45
Lovely snakes
BurnedAtTheStake Posted - 17/08/2010 : 22:53:09
Aaah they've done it again!

Sorry, off topic.

It'll be me that gets banned next!

No, seriously, great pics! I've yet to learn how to post the things!
BurnedAtTheStake Posted - 17/08/2010 : 22:51:13
Ooops I was looking at cat on right ... I always get mixed up with right and left. It's the tabby and white that looks Siamesey ... Pretty cats .. won't mention the p word ... I keep laughing my socks off about censorship on here - okay, some words, yes, but when I typed the word cocktail ...(As in drink, rooster-tail ...)
n/a Posted - 17/08/2010 : 22:38:55
Thanks guys :) Been rearranging set ups this evening....

Top to bottom....

Top: Snow Queen
Middle: Royal
Bottom: BCI

My blood red is still in a RUB at the moment, hes moving to a tank the same as my snow's tomorrow :)
DannyBrown91 Posted - 17/08/2010 : 22:31:17
You do have some lovely snakes there. Really like your snow and the BCI.
kdlang Posted - 17/08/2010 : 22:25:51
Lovely snakies cute kiddies and contented pussy cats
BurnedAtTheStake Posted - 17/08/2010 : 21:48:30
Hi pleased to meet you, I've got corns, cats and a royal that eats (keep my fingers crossed!) He's only a baby and he went blue the minute he arrived, but now he's a gannet.

Is Bella part Siamese? Love Siamese (used to breed them.)

Your kids are bonny too, and the redtail.
n/a Posted - 17/08/2010 : 20:48:09
lol yes gmac shes a animal and loves her food, she eats 2 medium mice every 10 days :)
gmac Posted - 17/08/2010 : 20:45:08
nice snakes, and cats, also a royal tht eats , cool photos.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000