The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Hypo

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
matty18714 Posted - 28/07/2010 : 15:00:56
This is the corn I got from Darren. Shes a bit vocal, and rattles her tail but doesnt handle nearly as bad as I thought.

She seems to have a problem with her tongue - the forks are either missing, or not seperated. Her tongue looks the normal length, but I cant see a groove for the forks.

It is blunt, not pointed, and has a white tip as if it is halfway through healing.

Edit - Spelling
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
reggie_69 Posted - 06/08/2010 : 12:27:42
i think im with lee with the bulb!! but looks like a lush snake!
n/a Posted - 06/08/2010 : 11:45:46
she's lovely
n/a Posted - 02/08/2010 : 17:10:07
Shes Lovely Matty!
I take it that the lack of fork doesnt affect her feeding?

xXx
Sizzlesmum Posted - 28/07/2010 : 20:40:31
Awwww, what a cutie

Hope the tongue problem turns out ok.

HannahB Posted - 28/07/2010 : 20:21:24
shes lovely - im sure once she settles down she will be a dream to handle
kdlang Posted - 28/07/2010 : 19:58:24
She is lovely. I wish you the best of luck with her. Hope the tongue issue doesn't cause her too many problems
lee2308 Posted - 28/07/2010 : 18:01:31
quote:
Originally posted by matty18714

I havent probed it yet Lee, I need you to come down and hold the sharp end

ok,got tagged last night by chalkie last night again so getting used to it
crazy JJ Posted - 28/07/2010 : 17:52:44
n'awww she looks reli cute

good luck with her :D
Sta~ple Posted - 28/07/2010 : 16:30:28
Awww bless her! She's such a cutey :) Would she still be able to smell with her tongue with no forks at all? I do have to agree though, the tongue does make her look cuter :)
IncurableFlirt Posted - 28/07/2010 : 15:48:21
Poor little lady. No wonder she's rattling her tail and acting a little huffy. She probably can't smell anything with her tongue like that, which is making her very nervous and frightened. My suggestion would be to handle things very slowly with her and allow her to get used to you and her setup and everything on her own terms. I think once she realizes that you aren't a threat, she'll warm up to you. Nice pickup and great pictures.
matty18714 Posted - 28/07/2010 : 15:47:40
Thanks all.

GMac, I couldn't find a memory card. I had to use my cameras memory deleting the rubbish ones over and over again - though I still didnt get a good one!

Good shout Lee, I hadn't thought of that. The only thing about that is the tongue looks long enough as it is, with forks it would be quite long. I forgot to mention that when she goes to flick her tongue out in short bursts (when they dont stick it out all the way, like when licking a surface), it looks like she has trouble flicking it out. She sort of moves her neck and jaw.

I think that aswell as not fitting in the jacobsons's organ, it also has some resistance in the tube the tongue is held in.

I havent probed it yet Lee, I need you to come down and hold the sharp end
lee2308 Posted - 28/07/2010 : 15:34:27
looks like she might of touched the bulb (if there was one) and shes bunrt the forks off,i would imagine that would cause some problems as it probably wont fit intothe jacobson's organ,apart from that shes a cracker and well done for taking her on,is she definatly a she?
gmac Posted - 28/07/2010 : 15:24:07
Very nice Matty, nice pickup

But, how many memory cards did you go through to get all those tongue shots.
hillzi Posted - 28/07/2010 : 15:13:40
She's a nice snake mate, very nice.

Tiffany-x Posted - 28/07/2010 : 15:10:06
Aww, bless her, she is a very pretty little snake and although her tongue looks a little funny it kinda makes her cuter cause she looks different, you got yourself a lovely little snake and I wish you the best with trying to calm her etc.
Tiffany-x
mozacchio Posted - 28/07/2010 : 15:03:02
What a cutie..!
Nice pics!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000