The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Loki

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
NikkiLian Posted - 24/07/2010 : 18:00:40
Loki in his new viv.

20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
reggie_69 Posted - 06/08/2010 : 12:10:50
looks like a awesome lil viv! i say lil but its obviously not haha,
hope all goes well!!!!
n/a Posted - 06/08/2010 : 11:52:56
cute ickle snakie
mozacchio Posted - 27/07/2010 : 11:56:00
Nice snake and set-up!
NikkiLian Posted - 26/07/2010 : 09:42:42
Yeah Jormungand; one of the three children of the god Loki! Cool name! :)
jormungand Posted - 26/07/2010 : 09:13:19
Awesome snake. Love the name!!!! :) My snake is also named from Norse mythology.
hillzi Posted - 25/07/2010 : 14:47:36
Cool.
NikkiLian Posted - 25/07/2010 : 12:40:53
Yeah, there are vents along the back of the lid, you can't really see them in the pics.
hillzi Posted - 25/07/2010 : 12:21:35
quote:
Originally posted by NikkiLian

Yeah, the lid has got little cushiony things to stop it being slammed shut, it looks like a big gap on the pics but it is literally only millimeters, and it's a really heavy lid too so there's no chance of him getting out, believe me I tested it over and over before Loki went in it! I have three cats, one of which has a taste for worms so I wouldn't risk having him in there unless it was perfectly safe! lol As for the fish tank conversion, i've had a western ribbon snake, 3 Gotchy's Gecko's, 1 Leaf toe'd Gecko and an Iguana and all have been in conversions of one kind or another, I think as long as it's converted properly it's not a problem. But if I do have any probems i'll be sure to ask for advice on here :)

Ah okay then. Sounds like quite a collection.

Sorry but another thing I've noticed, does he have enough ventalation in there?

princessbroxy Posted - 25/07/2010 : 02:51:00
Loki is sooo cute Medusa is a bigger version of him...like the set up too
crazy JJ Posted - 25/07/2010 : 01:14:00
nice snakie u have there

nice set up so far.. it shall look great once prop kitted out :D
HannahB Posted - 25/07/2010 : 00:00:30
very nice
as a short term/long term idea for extra hides have you thought about toilet rolls/kitchen roll tubes, cardboard boxes ect..my guys love them and they are super easy to get hold of and can easily be replaced
NikkiLian Posted - 24/07/2010 : 22:15:45
Yeah, the lid has got little cushiony things to stop it being slammed shut, it looks like a big gap on the pics but it is literally only millimeters, and it's a really heavy lid too so there's no chance of him getting out, believe me I tested it over and over before Loki went in it! I have three cats, one of which has a taste for worms so I wouldn't risk having him in there unless it was perfectly safe! lol As for the fish tank conversion, i've had a western ribbon snake, 3 Gotchy's Gecko's, 1 Leaf toe'd Gecko and an Iguana and all have been in conversions of one kind or another, I think as long as it's converted properly it's not a problem. But if I do have any probems i'll be sure to ask for advice on here :)
hillzi Posted - 24/07/2010 : 22:00:47
quote:
Originally posted by NikkiLian

Thanx Hillzi and Tiffany. Yeah i've still got afew more bits to get (especially the thermometers!) I was given the viv and only saw it via a photo so didn't realise how big it was until I'd actually got it home and I hadn't bought enough stuff to fill it! lol Thanx for the advice, much appreciated :)
Nikki xx

Thats fine Nikki no worries,

Another thing I've noticed is that the lid is slightly open. I'm not quite sure about fish tank conversions, but Phil (Kehhlyr) is the person to speak to about that.

Thermometer link

cheap plants link

NikkiLian Posted - 24/07/2010 : 21:49:48
Thanx Danny, I am planning on covering the sides and back of the viv as it's currently in my bay window, but to be honest, Loki isn't shy at all, he very rarely hides and it'nt put off by ppl walking past the window, he's a very sociable little snake! lol but to be on the safe side I will give him more privacy. :)
DannyBrown91 Posted - 24/07/2010 : 21:44:40
Lovely set up you have there, and im sure it will look even better once you have finished it.

Another thing you could do is cover the sides so your snake dosn't feel quite so exposed. Was just a thought since the viv is so big and your corn only still fairly small
NikkiLian Posted - 24/07/2010 : 21:36:26
Thanx Hillzi and Tiffany. Yeah i've still got afew more bits to get (especially the thermometers!) I was given the viv and only saw it via a photo so didn't realise how big it was until I'd actually got it home and I hadn't bought enough stuff to fill it! lol Thanx for the advice, much appreciated :)
Nikki xx
Tiffany-x Posted - 24/07/2010 : 20:57:32
Aww, very cute. Nicely done! :)
Tiffany-x
hillzi Posted - 24/07/2010 : 20:54:42
Hello mate, nice viv and nice snake.

A few pointers from me, is to get a bigger water dish, some more greenery so he can feel secure, and to invest in 2 digital thermometers to get more accurate readings.

Maybe some more logs and that too, so he can climb and use the space given.
NikkiLian Posted - 24/07/2010 : 19:53:41
Thankyou! I know it seems like a huge viv for a young snake but he's extremely active! I still need to get a few vines etc to keep him occupied but I think it looks good :)
IncurableFlirt Posted - 24/07/2010 : 18:12:01
Soooo cute! What an adorable little Corn and a fantastic setup. Definitely looks like he's set up for life.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000