The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Glycol

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
gregDT Posted - 22/06/2010 : 22:11:54
I met Gylcol for the first time since the reptile shop tonight. I was observing the seven day cool off plus he shed yesterday. So this is the first time I have seen him properly since the shop.

He was inside his cold hide (it's been stinking hot here today) and I removed the hide and quickly picked him up and put him in a 9 litre rub I have. At first he seemed quite confused, especially by his reflection in the plastic box. His tongue was flicking about like crazy. But after a while he began to search nearer and nearer the top of the box. eventually he was looking out over the top. I put my hand down level with the box and was amazed when slowly he slid out on to my hand. Little by little he moved across my hand and then up my arm. Finally he was completely out and was wrapped round my arm from hand to elbow.

We spent about five minutes together and although I have handled snakes before and held him briefly in the shop this was possibly the most wonderful interaction I've ever had with an animal. The fact that unprompted he came out and up my arm was a total joy.

He seemed to be tasting all over my hand and arm and while I'm sure he was just looking for a way out of the box my smell and close proximity obviously doesn't bother him at all.

These exceptional moments just come out of nowhere. I'm still buzzing

I did manage to get some dreadful photographs. I'll try to get some better ones during the proper daylight.

PS. I'll ask in the 'morph'section, but anyone know what morph he is?
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gregDT Posted - 25/06/2010 : 21:59:23
It's a big box.

it's a 9l RUB. He's about 91cm (36") long.
lee2308 Posted - 25/06/2010 : 19:12:48
very nice,looks alot bigger on your arm then in the box.
crazy JJ Posted - 25/06/2010 : 19:12:29
he is stunning :D
Starmist Posted - 25/06/2010 : 18:43:45
He looks like a well obsessed snake! I thought it was only parrots that liked looking at themselves! Very stunning though!
Sta~ple Posted - 25/06/2010 : 10:05:40
He's lovely ^^ certainly well fed lol
n/a Posted - 24/06/2010 : 21:48:56
He's certainly handsome enough for his self-obsession to be justified :)
gregDT Posted - 24/06/2010 : 21:24:22
One more and this time corrected for white balance. He still seems to love his own reflection. I fear I have set up home with a self obsessed snake

Kellog Posted - 24/06/2010 : 04:25:38
Whatever morph Glycol is, he is absolutely stunning! His colouring is so strong! I can totally understand why you chose him and going by the way he came so naturally to you, he is a lovely natured corn and you are giving off some very calm and confident vibes! He wouldnt be that laid back if you werent.

It really does look as though he is looking at his reflection, doesnt it....I wonder what he was seeing, as he would not have been smelling another snake or feeling another snake....makes you wonder what was going through his head (or is that just me ?).

He really did wind round your arm beautifully....it is an amazing feeling, isnt it. I know I often find it hard to limit the time I have mine out. Even though they are adults I wont keep them out for more than 30/45mins, no matter how tempted I am....and that temptation is made worse when they fight against going back in their vivs!

You got an amazing snake there Greg....I am so glad your god-children fell in love with that little corn at that bbq! Just imagine, if they hadnt, then there would be no Glycol !

xxx
gregDT Posted - 23/06/2010 : 22:16:53
I have a thread going in the morph section and I think we're closing in on Hypo Motley, probably, maybe, possibly hehehe
Sizzlesmum Posted - 23/06/2010 : 20:55:10
Glycol is stunning

My Cleo is a normal motley but is not a bright as him, so he could well be hypo. I am useless with morphs sorry lol
n/a Posted - 23/06/2010 : 18:05:54
Oh my! He is properly stunning, lucky you! :D
reptiledanny Posted - 23/06/2010 : 16:54:13
i would say hypo motley stripe as he has got a stripe near his head and half way down his body, he is gorgeous, what a stunner
mozacchio Posted - 23/06/2010 : 11:00:48
So cute..!
Very nice colours!
Sta~ple Posted - 23/06/2010 : 09:49:06
Awww he's such a lovely snake no wonder you had to have him.
gregDT Posted - 23/06/2010 : 00:06:01
Thanks for the comments. I thought he might be a hypo motley as well. I've noticed the black eyes, so he's not amel. The black eyes and the complete lack of black colouration in the body look like examples I've seen on "Ian's guide to Morphes." Also he is completely white underneath. What confused me was the solid stripe along his neck, although I think that might be normal marking just fused together. Then again I know almost nothing about morphs
kdlang Posted - 22/06/2010 : 23:34:21
He is beautiful. Glad you had such a successful first hold. I don't think I will ever get bored of handling mine. The only problem I have is limiting the time I have the new babies out to just a few minutes. It's sooo relaxing.

I would hazard a guess at hypo motley but I'm still new at this morphs lark so I will wait til an expert comes a long
DannyBrown91 Posted - 22/06/2010 : 22:54:20
Really nice snake. I would say, normal motley.

At a second look now that im on my laptop rather than my phone i would also say Hypo motley aswell.
Tatsie-j Posted - 22/06/2010 : 22:26:26
hes stunning!! cant help with morph tho im no expert!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000