The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Strange markings on stomach

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 14/06/2010 : 22:24:57
Hey all this is my amel he's got these wierd markings or something on his stomach I bought him this afternoon so he had it when I bought him.

Thanks in advance,

Trev
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
eeji Posted - 15/06/2010 : 18:29:57
a great tip i got told a few weeks back is to set the exposure really fast with a high appature setting.

i also stick a rizla over the flash as a cheapo makeshift diffuser too :)
DannyBrown91 Posted - 15/06/2010 : 13:55:35
I use my phone so never get great pics, but they're clear enough.
kdlang Posted - 15/06/2010 : 13:39:18
Many people have asked a similar question and the general answer is that for most of us to get a decent couple of pictures we have to take about 50. Most of the time I just point and shoot as much as I can. I try various light sources, flash on/ off, various settings etc. Then I just use whatever is half decent lol.
n/a Posted - 14/06/2010 : 22:57:21
Kind of off topic, but what's a decent camera for taking pictures of corns, the majority of mine elmos head was out of focus, I was looking at
http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/-/257/337/-/12495591/Pentax-Optio-E75-10-1-Megapixel-3x-Optical-Zoom-2-7-LCD-Digital-Camera-Black/Product.html?searchtype=genre
on play would this be good for getting more crisp pictures, all the pictures i've seen on this site look amazing compared to mine.

Thanks trev
DannyBrown91 Posted - 14/06/2010 : 22:53:21
They're just how the belly checkers are on amels. My guy has the same. Most corns have black checkers but because amelanistic have no melanin (Black pigment) thats how the belly checkers are.
herriotfan Posted - 14/06/2010 : 22:52:27
You'll notice that when we get some sunshine the underbelly looks really pretty. It's like a rainbow of colours if you get it in the right light.
Don't worry about asking questions if something is worrying you. It's better to ask and get help. We won't mind. We all had to learn!!
n/a Posted - 14/06/2010 : 22:43:35
Yeah the pale greenish things, never had a snake before or even seen the belly of one so it's strange to me! :P

Thanks though, i'm gonna be a worrier I rekon.
herriotfan Posted - 14/06/2010 : 22:41:09
Ummm, I can't see any strange markings.....that looks normal to me! Can you tell us which bit you think is strange? Are you talking about the white and pale greenish markings? If you are that's normal.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000