The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 my new viv interior design

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sullysteve Posted - 11/06/2010 : 18:19:16

20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sullysteve Posted - 15/06/2010 : 21:02:49
quote:
Originally posted by Jay93

Hi steve, just wondering how big is that wood, roughly because i know the dimensions will vary with it but I was thinking of ordering some but it has no indication of dimensions on the site. Thanks =)

Hey Jay

The wood varies in size but its like a lego set...pieces just lock together, you just have to play around.....they are generally about 8 - 10 inch in length
Hope this helps
reptiledanny Posted - 15/06/2010 : 19:20:23
i will post some pics of the setup soon once i ahve finished the setup
n/a Posted - 15/06/2010 : 19:00:25
Hi steve, just wondering how big is that wood, roughly because i know the dimensions will vary with it but I was thinking of ordering some but it has no indication of dimensions on the site. Thanks =)
n/a Posted - 15/06/2010 : 16:48:55
Love this set up
sullysteve Posted - 13/06/2010 : 19:31:46
cool dan! it becomes a bit of an OCD!
reptiledanny Posted - 13/06/2010 : 18:20:49
well u inspred me to redesign monty's tank, i need a few more ivy vines as i only had 1 and few more pieces of wood and his will look nearly as good as yours maybe even better
sullysteve Posted - 13/06/2010 : 15:47:20
DOWN SIDES- i never see him anymore, he is an absolute bugger to find but then when you do find him he is so tangled up in the ivy -
GOOD SIDES - i got one happy Rusty!!

i think i need to make them pics slightly smaller!
mrsT Posted - 12/06/2010 : 15:26:59
Wow!fab set up!Rusty's one lucky corn!
reptiledanny Posted - 12/06/2010 : 13:59:43
quote:
Originally posted by hillzi

Nice! how are gonna find him in there.. lol I'd be panicing when I can't find him thinking he's escaped, when he's probably wedged in a plant somewhere.

One thing I will say, if you use that light in the top right corner, please gaurd it, and guard the other light if it isn't already..

this was excatly what i was thinking, i bet you dont see him anymore i would love to do a setup like that, it looks amzing im so jelooues
hillzi Posted - 12/06/2010 : 13:46:05
Nice! how are gonna find him in there.. lol I'd be panicing when I can't find him thinking he's escaped, when he's probably wedged in a plant somewhere.

One thing I will say, if you use that light in the top right corner, please gaurd it, and guard the other light if it isn't already..
Kellog Posted - 12/06/2010 : 04:17:43
What an amazing set-up Steve....Rusty is a very spoilt snake!! Like the others I love the turtle in it and the way you have turned it into the roof of a hide - it is a gorgeous wooden turtle, I have a stone one that looks quite similar from a trip to the Caribbean. Also like the red flower in it, it adds a beautiful dash of colour to the viv.

So good to see someone else who uses the red paper binders to seal the gap between the glass doors....so I am not the only one with a red stripe down the front of my vivs !!

I also agree with the others about cleaning it....I know how hard it is to clean Kellog's with his branches etc. The full clean isnt too bad as I just take everything out and when I put it back I rearrange it....but it is on the rare occasion that he poos in there that it is a real pain - like he did on Thursday, right against the back wall, bottom of the plants and behind the branches!! Didnt help that all he wanted to do was get out and when I wouldnt let him out he kept wanting to investigate what I was doing !!

You have done a great job with Rusty's viv, given him a really nice place to live that gives him lots of cover and hiding places (although I guess that means he could be difficult to find or catch if he didnt want to be found or caught ) and you have also given yourself something beautiful to look at....which is what I love about my vivs as well. Even when the snakes are in their hides and not out and about to admire, their vivs add a lovely bit of 'the wild' to my lounge.

xxx
sullysteve Posted - 11/06/2010 : 22:31:17
Cheers peeps! Just so u all know, I got the ivy and the sand blasted wood from dunhelm mill all for £15 ! Well made up ! And yea, will be a pain to keep it tidy!
n/a Posted - 11/06/2010 : 22:03:50
Looks great, given me some inspiration for May's viv when I can afford to do it XD
Dan-sunkist Posted - 11/06/2010 : 20:55:41
man the set up is great looking i would love to do somethinf like that for our duys theres look a little bare to be honest
Matt_Brooks Posted - 11/06/2010 : 20:35:44
Great setup Steve im sure Rusty will love it!

Wish i could do that much for mine, unfortunaly mines in a RUB so minimal stuff in there at the mo!
n/a Posted - 11/06/2010 : 20:33:16
i love it, i'm green with envy :)
Sta~ple Posted - 11/06/2010 : 19:52:21
That's lovely! Is a snake living in there or a turtle? XD
Budaholic Posted - 11/06/2010 : 19:15:51
Awesome setup, a bit of a pain to clean though eh?
Figs Posted - 11/06/2010 : 18:56:08
thats looks fantastic!
i love the little turtle in there too

i bet you have a very happy snake now
herriotfan Posted - 11/06/2010 : 18:39:41
Nice setup, lots of places for Rusty to explore and hide.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000